Saturday 12 August 2023

Saturday, 12-08-23: SW recipe week

 Good morning, everyone.

Day one of a week focusing on SW recipes, from books and on their web site.  I will post links where I can but that won't always be possible or the links won't be accessible to non-SW members.  Sorry.
(I'll also be continuing to use up freezer rubble)

I maintained yesterday - very happy (and relieved) with that!
 
Yesterday's meal photos:

These cheesy courgette and chorizo fritters are absolutely lovely and I will post the recipe in a separate post.  Definitely making these again while the yellow courgettes keep producing.
I fried the tomatoes in one tsp toasted sesame oil for two syns and that was delicious too.


The pork and apple burger was OK although it tasted a bit aniseed-y.  It was home made but I can't remember what I put in it.
I wanted to make coleslaw but my cabbage was manky (ooops) so I grated carrot, apple and a couple of pickled baby beetroots and added some salad cream and it was delicious.  I'm doing that again, for sure.  Sort of both sweet and savoury at the same time.

And then I went and spoilt it with an almighty slip up so no photo and oh, dear.  It strikes me that these slips are getting too frequent again so it's something to ponder on and deal with.
Today's plans:

B:  chocolate orange overnight oats
I haven't had overnight oats - any oats really - for quite a while so I'm looking forward to this.  The only changes I will make is to use some citrus essence instead of vanilla and to use a bit of agave chocolate orange sauce on top.
SW:  one healthy extra B for oats, two syns for cocoa powder and one syn for the choccy sauce

L:  all-in-one mexican brunch tray, maybe a side salad; fruit
This is from the SW book Meals for One, p34.  I'll be using whatever potatoes I have (probably Maris Piper) instead of getting Charlottes specially and I will be spending four syns on two decent chipolata sausages rather that the SW syn free pork sausages which are, I think, a nasty piece of work!  :-)
I may very well up the amount of tomatoes and peppers and, last of all, I'll be doing it in Nellie, not in the oven.
SW:  four syns for the sausages

D:  I was going to have a teriyaki noodles stir fry but I've remembered I'm eating with Beth, Julia and Linda this evening so I'll have that another time.  Not a 'slip up' but not great timing; I will just have to roll with it though - maybe just one sausage for lunch and more veg.

Exercise:  a walk later on

Summary:
unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment