Tuesday 1 August 2023

Tuesday, 01-08-23: another week on PoN

Good morning, everyone.
And welcome to the first of August!  Also day four of my week on Pinch of Nom recipes.  It's going OK but it's been hard to stop thinking As, Bs and syns (which I think is a good thing because they are what keep me straight and balanced in my food choices) and I am finding that it's all a bit carb heavy at times - heavier than I would usually eat anyway.
They're also very chicken heavy but that is my choice.  I really like chicken and it is so flexible.

Whether it translates to a loss, a gain or a maintain on the scales is anyone's guess - we will see on Friday. 
Yesterday's meal photos:

Beans on toast - the perfect easy breakfast and so, so delicious.
Jacket potatoes are so very easy and so very tasty.
This was just a small potato (minimising the carbs!) with Seriously Lighter cheese spread, spring onions and bacon mashed in and a bit of grated cheddar on top.  With a salad on the side, it was the perfect lunch between two exercises classes.
I knew this Peshawari style chicken would be lovely because I've had it before.  I added onion, pepper and mushroom to the chicken and sauce and I found a random pouch of lime and coriander basmati rice which was far more lime than coriander and went extremely well with the curry (two portions left and one syn per portion - I checked so I could write it on the pots before freezing them.

I was perfectly satisfied.  No dessert needed.
Today's plans:

B:  breakfast calzone, mushrooms and tomatoes
(Comfort Food p32)
As I am not cross referencing to Slimming World this week, I will use a slightly larger wrap and see if I can finally try out the crimpit wrap.  Fingers crossed.
It contains sausage, baked beans and cheese which sounds good to me.
The stated calories are roughly 173 calories but I suspect what with the sausage I will use and more/bigger wrap (the recipes is half a wrap per person), it will be double that so I'm saying around 350 calories and when I make it, I might weigh it all out, just to see.
Edit:  521 calories < splutter >  Oh, well, it was lovely!

L:  chicken in orange (lemon!), salad; fruit
(Everyday Light p66)
I know this is going to sound odd but the recipe calls for undiluted orange squash which I don't have.  I do have some lemon squash so I'm going to try it that way instead and see if it makes a more acceptable lemon chicken than the chicken piccata did on Sunday.  I will have to use a little bit of cornflour instead of xanthan gum.
Around 200 calories plus salad and fruit - I doubt my changes will make that much difference really.

D:  creamy roasted red pepper and chicken pasta, maybe a side salad; fruit and/or yogurt
(Comfort Food p100)
I think I made this quite a while ago and the sauce was so nice I made it again with one portion of chicken and the full amount of sauce so I had some to freeze.  I won't do that this time because I'm working the freezer down but probably will do it again in the future.
I'll be making it pretty much straight so calories are around 300

Exercise:  Groove class

Summary:
No idea, I am afraid, until I weigh the breakfast ingredients.  
I've started rounding the calories to the next ten - it's never that exact anyway - can't be.



No comments:

Post a Comment