Thursday 17 August 2023

Thursday, 17-08-23: a week of SW recipes

Good morning, everyone.  Day six of using SW recipes.
Today I'm using two recipes from the SP Sensations book.
SP stands for Speed and Protein - basically, it's a lower carb thing.
You still have your healthy extras.
Your meals are based around speed and protein foods (all the info you need is in the SW book and/or on the site) without using any of the foods designated F(ree)
And, finally, you can have up to ten syns if you want - but you can't take free food and syn it.

It is supposed to 'supercharge your slimming' or 'lose those last few pounds'.  Personally, I don't feel it makes any significant difference for me and it is purely coincidental that there are two from the same book on the same day.  But some people swear by it - we're all different.

Yesterday's meal photos:

A nice, simple breakfast, always delicious!

I had some plums through the morning.
There's a small jacket potato hidden in that bowl and it was delish.
More fruit through the afternoon.
I thought this would be a bit boring but it was surprisingly tasty - jerk chicken, rice and peas, broccoli.
And I had an orange to finish

Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
It's a busy old morning with very little break between things so I'm keeping breakfast simple.  Not a SW recipe at all, just fruit and yogurt
SW:  syn free

L: chicken satay goujons, coleslaw, salad; fruit
SP Sensations, p49
You toss chicken strips in a sauce made from egg, curry powder, garlic granules, soy sauce and peanut butter (in my case, powder) before cooking them.  I'm going to serve them with coleslaw and salad.  I have a friend round so I hope it is nice.
SW:  one and a half syns for the peanut butter powder and one syn for salad cream in the coleslaw

D:
Smoky pork chilli, roasted veg, maybe a wrap bowl; fruit/yogurt
SP Sensations, p 38
Using pork mince, this has loads of veg in it and sounds delicious.  I may serve it in a taco-style bowl using a wrap and I may have grated cheese on top
SW:  one healthy extra A and one healthy extra B (maybe)

Exercise:  SET class online

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
two and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment