Tuesday 1 August 2023

Slimming World friendly food haul

 It's the first of a new m onth so time to go food shopping.  I haven't done a haul for a little while so here we go.  

I still have quite a lot of food in the freezer, fridge and cupboard so that's good.

I have loads of chicken and other meat in the freezer so really I just needed the under 5% mince.  The steak is a treat for Friday - and security protected.  Sign of these difficult times, I guess.
I was almost completely out of fresh fruit - just a few easy peelers and two mini apples left.
So I got lots of apples (I get through apples quickly, four big oranges, some flat peaches on special, a melon, blueberries, plums and pears - and also some lemons that never got into the photo.
One way to make sure you don't eat much ultra processed food is to prepare from scratch.
As I'm having lots of salads at the moment and have broccoli and cauliflower in the freezer, most of this haul; is salad veg.  Salad leaves, sweet gems, celery, peppers, mushrooms, radishes, tomatoes (mine are not quite fast enough to ripen at the moment) and carrots.
And here's the rest - semi skimmed milk (an A choice), 0% GReek yogurt, coffee pods and two cans - baked beans and chopped tomatoes.


I also got some ice and some fizzy drinks - not so good but there you go!


And I am very much hoping this will do me a fortnight, combined with what I already have.


No comments:

Post a Comment