Saturday 5 August 2023

Saturday, 05-08-23: eating the freezer

Good morning, everyone.
One pound off.  I am very happy with that.  

My new theme for this week, until next Friday, is 'Eating the freezer.  That is, tackling all those extra portions, bits of leftovers, etc, that I am so good at accumulating, plus the 'scratch' stuff I have - chicken, mince, sausages, etc.  It's those first bits I really want to deal with and I have a list of them.  If I haven't used them by, say, the end of August, that chances are that I won't so I will have to think about putting them in the food waste.  But I hope I don't do that!
Of course, I am proper back on Slimming World now as well so will be back on those As, Bs and syns.


Yesterday's meal photos:

I went for a drizzle of agave chocolate sauce rather than cocoa in the pancakes and it was scrummy.  I like cinnamon yogurt.
This was absolutely scrummy.
Let's say it was 'inspired' by the PoN recipe but not really the same at all.
I used onion, red pepper, mushroom, a few leftover broad beans from the day before, some 5% pork mince, fresh tomatoes (instead of canned) including some from the garden, garlic, chilli flakes, tomato puree, chicken stock powder and water, and some Hendersons, plus some penne pasta.  It didn't need any salt or pepper on top of the stock and basically I bunged it all together after browning the mince and onions (apart from the pasta which I cooked separately) and let it all simmer, covered until it went all soft and mellow and gorgeous.  I added the cooked pasta and had it with 40g grated mozzarella for one A
I was stuffed - absolutely no room for anything else until dinner time.

Just steak, mushroom sauce, chips and a salad for dinner.  It was lovely.
Later on, I made inroads into some plums and flat peaches because they needed eating up!

So the Pinch of Nom recipe books are now back on the shelves and I move on to a new focus.  It's been good though.

Today's plans:

B:  fruit
It's a walk with some of the SW group today, weather permitting.  If it comes off, I will be taking fruit to have when we stop for coffee.  If not, I will have a cooked breakfast consisting of sausage, bacon, egg tomatoes and mushrooms; the sausage and bacon are from the freezer.
SW:  possibly three syns for a sausage

L:  salmon, lemon mayo, side salad; fruit
Salmon from the freezer.
SW:  one syn for the mayo and one for some salad cream with the salad

D:  gammon, egg, chips, tomatoes; fruit/yogurt
Gammon is from the freezer, just a very small slice.
SW:  I think this is syn free

Exercise:  SET class online and a walk (weather permitting)

Summary:
no healthy extras, ooops
five syns



No comments:

Post a Comment