Wednesday 9 August 2023

Wednesday, 09-08-23: eating the freezer day 5

 Good morning, everyone.

Day five of Eat the Freezer Week and it's still going really well.  Less work than last week too, because there's home cooked 'ready mades' to just get out and reheat.

Another was in which it is going well is that I have managed to move more stuff from upright to chest freezers without overcrowding the latter.  The aim is to be able to pass on the upright freezer by the end of August and, at this rate, I will get there.

Yesterday's meal photos:

I really enjoyed this breakfast although it wasn't the easiest to eat as the egg kept slithering sideways .
To make the sausage patty, I used a Morrisons The Best Cumberland sausage, skin off, squidged and shaped into a patty with nothing added.  Dead easy!  I double checked that it was just three syns as that sounds quite low for such a scrummy sausage and yes, it is three syns while the chipolata version just as tasty) is two syns.
Once I have finished off my stash of heck sausages, these are the ones I am going for in the future - I am more than happy to pay three syns (or two/four).

It was a soggy, wet lunchtime so this went down a treat - leftovers of the Korean style been noodles from the day before.

Later on in the afternoon, I had a big, juicy orange.
Very refreshing!

Yummy scrummy.  I can't remember how I made the chicken chilli because it was one of those chuck it all in things.  Today, after defrosting it, I added onion, pepper and mushroom (all from the freezer) and then half a can of mixed beans and it was very good with grated cheddar.
There was some left over and I'm having that for lunch today.  There's also the other half of the can of beans and I might have to freeze them which I am trying to avoid but I'm not wasting them.
No room for dessert so that was that for the day.

Today's plans:

B:  crumpet thin, philly light, smoked salmon and dill, tomatoes and mushrooms
The smoked salmon, mushrooms and the crumpet are from the freezer.
SW:  one healthy extra B, three syns for the crumpet thin and and two syns for 30g philly light

L:  quesadillas, salad; fruit
I have leftovers of yesterday's chicken chilli that will be lovely slightly mashed and made into a quesadilla with some grated mozzarella
SW:  one healthy extra A for 40g grated mozzarella, one B for a wrap and I think that is it.

D:  lamb crumble, broad beans, cauli, green beans; fruit/yogurt
Absolutely all of the main course is from the freezer!  The lamb is leftovers from ages ago and I'm going to ignore the syns in the tiny bit of gravy because I am over-estimating the crumble topping, I think.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for grated cheese in the crumble topping and I have no idea how many syns so I am going to generously estimate six.  I don't think it's as much as that but taking the safe side.

Exercise:  circuits class

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
eleven syns (probably less but . . .)

No comments:

Post a Comment