Thursday 10 August 2023

Thursday, 10-08-23: eating the freezer day 6

Good morning, everyone.
On to day six of Eat the Freezer week - nearly over now and I'm planning for this coming week now.    It will be interesting to see what those scales say tomorrow morning, especially after yesterday's little slip ups.
It is what it is, you know, and I'm not in the least bit put out, it's just life!

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast.  The tomatoes and mushrooms look very murky - I cooked some of the 'black' tomatoes and they don't look as bright as the other kinds.  It tasted great though!

Using the leftovers worked really well although I had to use cheddar as the mozzarella had gone mouldy.  Bad me!

Later in the afternoon, I had an orange and then a nibble of cheese which might have taken me over syns for once in a blue moon.
A simple, British meal of lamb crumble with veg and it was delicious.  I didn't have any gravy though which saved a few syns (because I didn't want to).

It was a bit of a nibbly evening - I don't know why, just One of Those Things, I guess.  Fortunately, I don't have anything that unhealthy in the housen so, while the calories might have been high, I don't think munching on mixed seeds, for example, will do anything to encourage any potential cravings.  Hope not anyway and back on it with renewed determination today!



Today's plans:

B:  avocado toast, scrambled egg, garden tomatoes
Rapidly becoming a favourite alongside pancakes (not literally!!) and I have lots of tomatoes to slow fry in olive oil because they go all gooey and rich and even more flavoursome, if that is possible.
(Some of my tomatoes have blossom end rot so I pick them as soon as they start ripening and finish them off on the window sill.  The rot stops developing and I just cut off the bad bits and have the rest - no point in wasting the whole fruit)
Bread and avocado are from the freezer.
SW:  two and a half syns for 35g frozen avo chunks, half a healthy extra B for toast and two syns for a tsp olive oil

L:  spaghetti and meatballs in a toasted red pepper sauce, side salad; fruit
Meatballs and sauce are from the freezer.  I could add some cheese but I don't really think I want to - the roasted red pepper sauce is delicious all by itself.
The meatballs and the sauce are from the freezer.
SW:  one and a half syns for cheese in the meatballs (not really enough to count as an A) and the rest is syn free

D:   spicy beans and veg, roasted tomatoes; fruit/yogurt
On the pot it says 'add chicken or sausage' but I was thinking of just adding more veg like some courgette.  However, after yesterday's nibblies, I will add some chicken for extra protein fullness.
Spicy bean mix and the chicken are from the freezer
SW:  Probably syn free

Exercise:  A SET class online

Summary:
no healthy extra As
half a healthy extra B (although I will weigh the slice of bread as it is home baked)
six syns

No comments:

Post a Comment