Sunday 27 August 2023

Sunday, 27-08-23

  Good morning, everyone.

Jen posted this in our Facebook group yesterday.

Worth copying, pasting and holding on to, I think.   I can go from plan to plan, system to system but the bottom line is that it starts and finished with me and no-one else.
(Having said that, I know that it's a lot easier for some and a lot harder for others - that's for sure - no blaming and shaming going on)




Yesterday's meal photos:

The bagel is pretty much covered and the yolk was broken on purpose - it doesn't drip down me when I'm eating it!  
The tomatoes are just gorgeous.  I reckon I can rely on them for another month unless we have a very early and unexpected frost.  I will miss them so much once they stop fruiting.

I had an apple later.


The gazpacho was - OK.  I enjoyed it but it didn't seem quite right to have it chilled, somehow.  I think that if I had followed a proper recipe, it would have been very nice indeed.
Not one I will do again though, probably.

I had two easy peelers for afters.  They were part of what I got via Deliveroo and they were pretty much the sweetest and juiciest easy peelers I can ever remember having.

This all kept me full until dinner time.


What the leftover gazpacho was good for was as a base sauce for this pasta arrabbiata (not penne - I couldn't find any) which was absolutely amazing and the closest I have managed to get to the Prezzo version which I really love.

Dessert was some yogurt and some frozen black cherries, blended together with some chocolate caramel skinny syrup to make an iced thingy that was so delicious.
(No, I didn't syn the cherries either, just because they were blended although I get why they suggest this)
Today's plans:

B:  apple cinnamon oat pancakes with strawberry sauce coulis (let's be posh)
It's Sunday and, whether the sun is shining or not, a sunny Sunday breakfast is on the menu.  I fancy the more substantial texture of oat pancakes today - I saw someone on a YouTube video separating the egg and whisking the whites and I might try that and see if it makes any positive difference - it might, or the heavier texture of the ground oats and grated apple might cancel any potential fluffiness.  I'll see.
I'm just boiling up some strawberries and sweetener to make the coulis and the house is smelling wonderful.  I'll probably blend the lot to make it as smooth as possible but I won't sieve it because those little seeds are fibre.
I'm thinking it might make quite a lot of pancake and, if so, I will save some of them for a lunchtime dessert, maybe.  Only maybe though!
SW:  one healthy extra B for oats, I won't be synning the strawberries just because they are cooked, sorry, Slimming World.

L:  roast beef Yorkshire platter; fruit
The 'platter' is a Pinch of Nom idea, one I have used (and really enjoyed) before.  It take 15g flour and I think I will use white flour this time, just to see.  I'm also going to try cooking it pancake style in a very hot pan rather than turning the oven on to high for such a short time.  I'll get something edible out of it anyway.
For the roast beef, rather than buying a joint for a shocking price and having meat left over, I have treated myself to some cooked slices from the deli section, three for today and two left over for later in the week.
And I will do the usual roasted or steamed veg and I have some gravy in the freezer, if I want it.
SW:  two and a half syns for 15g plain white flour, one syn for gravy, half a syn for a tsp horseradish sauce

D:  salmon, salad, coleslaw; fruit/yogurt
Bog-standard and tasty!  I'm low on healthy extra As so I might make the coleslaw a cheesy version - that would be tasty.  I'll probably spoon a little bit of sweet chilli sauce over the salmon before baking it (in Nellie).
SW:  half a syn for a tsp sweet chilli sauce (which is all I will need), up to one healthy extra A on cheese, one syn for salad cream in the coleslaw

Exercise:  Stretches - very gentle ones

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment