Thursday 3 August 2023

Thursday, 03-08-23: another week on PoN

Good morning, everyone.
The penultimate day - day six - of my second PoN week and I've really enjoyed it very much indeed.  If you want to eat more healthily but not compromise on flavour, the PoN books are well worth considering, I think.  I still have a long list of recipes I want to try sometime but it's nearly time to ring the changes.

I have a theme for next week but it will definitely be back on Slimming World for structure.  
Yesterday's meal photos:

The addition of half a tbsp cocoa to my usual pancake mix was brilliant.  Just one and a half syns and I'm doing that again without any shadow of doubt.
Not my photo - I have borrowed it from the Pret a Manger site.  That's where D and I had lunch and it really did look just like that - apart from the dressing which was in a pot with a lid.

Just under 300 calories the lot or eleven syns, although pretty much six of those syns could be a healthy extra A for feta.  And I'd quite happily have it again; it was lovely and fresh.

I was a bit peckish when I got home and had some fruit - an apple, an easy peeler and a few plums.

Dinner was the cajun dirty rice and it was another hit.  It looked like a lot of ingredients but they were all pretty basic and it was easy to make, really straightforward.

All in all, a delicious day's eating.




Today's plans:

B:  sweet omelette, fruit and yogurt
Not a Pinch of Nom recipe, sorry.  I have eggs to use up.  I'm going to use my bigger pan and see if I can make a thinner omelette that wraps better.  If not, sweet scrambled egg, anyone?
I will work out the rough calories when I make it but I'm estimating at under 300.
Edit:  243 calories!

L:  creamy garlic chicken, salad; fruit
(Pinch of Nom p119
This seems a fairly standard PoN recipe with flavourings/seasonings a plenty and Philly light to thicken the sauce.  I think it will be lovely.
Around 200 calories plus salad and fruit

D:  meat and potato pasty, side veg; fruit/yogurt
(Pinch of Nom p189)
I'm using the idea rather than the recipe.  No potato; I might use some butternut squash instead and I'm using a can of M&S steak in gravy instead of faffing about with cooking from scratch.  And I will be using a WW wrap or maybe one of my mini ones.  A big wrap is just too big.
I'm changing so much that the calories are a bit pointless but it won't be more than the recipe says which is 530 calories

Exercise:  SET class online

Summary:
No idea but according to the above, 1030 plus the extras (salad, veg and fruit/yogurt)
No idea until I work out breakfast.  It's that kind of week!



No comments:

Post a Comment