Friday 11 August 2023

Friday, 11-08-23, eating the freezer day 7

 Good morning, everyone.
The last day of this weeks 'Eat the Freezer' theme and I thought I had next week all planned with a new theme.
I did a week or so on Pinch of Nom recipes so I thought it only fair to do a week on Slimming World recipes from books and on the site.  I had sorted out the books to use and printed off the recipes from the site.

And then I did an audit of what I had left of my bits and bobs and, after taking out the pots of stock, grated cheese and that sort of thing . . . oh, dear, there's still plenty!

So - starting from tomorrow it is still going to be a SW Recipe Week (but not solely because I still need to use up bits and bobs), and that's what I will call it although it's a bit of a compromise really.

And it's weigh day today - not expecting great things this week but I hope I haven't gained.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast turned out to be  bit of a rush so I cut the egg and cooking the tomatoes and just had the avocado toast with some fresh cherry tomatoes and it was absolutely delish.
I weighed the bread and it was closer than a full B than half a B so that was OK.


A very delicious lunch.  Hm meatballs, hm sauce (the PoN  roasted red pepper sauce), spaghetti (30g) and a salad.  I enjoyed every single mouthful.

Later on I had an apple and a pear.


I know this looks just like brown sludge but it tasted much, much nicer than it looked.  I added courgette and chicken and stirred in a bit of philly light and scoffed the lot.  Really nice.
Really filling too.  

And that was that.  A much better day than Wednesday, thankfully.

Today's plans:

B:  cheesy courgette fritters, egg, tomatoes
I now have an abundance of courgettes to use and these are lovely.
The grated cheese is from the freezer and, perhaps, a bit of grated chorizo, also from the freezer, for a bit of ooomph.
I usually have pancakes after SW Group but I'll have them tomorrow morning instead.  Fritters are like pancakes in a way anyway.
SW:  half a healthy extra B for 20g wholemeal flour (not SW canon) and one healthy extra A.  The chorizo is two and a half suns for a little piece

L:  pork and apple burger, salad, coleslaw; fruit
No bun, just the burger, home made quite a long time ago.  I was going to add a few chips to the plate but I don't think I will; there will be plenty without them.
The burger is from the freezer
SW:  one syn for some 70% lighter salad cream in the coleslaw but the rest is all syn free as I don't syn a bit of cooked apple.

D:  lamb rogan josh, rice; fruit/yogurt
Both the the curry and the rice are from the freezer - a very easy dinner indeed.
SW:  the rice is part of a pouch of lime and coriander basmati and is one syn

Exercise:  rest day officially but I might do a 'Walk with Rick'.  Also some gardening if the weather plays ball

Summary:
one healthy extra A
half a healthy extra B
four and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment