Wednesday 2 August 2023

Wednesday, 02-08-23: another week on PoN

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday's meal photos:

I was shocked when I worked pout the calorie content of this breakfast calzone - well over 500 - but I guess by the time you count a large wrap, a sausage (proper sausage, not a skinny one), baked beans and cheese . . .
And half would have been plenty, just as the recipe says.
Lesson learned.

At least it kept me proper full.
It doesn't look great but actually this lemon chicken was really very nice, much nicer than one I did earlier this week.
And this is one of my all time PoN favourites - creamy roasted red pepper and chicken pasta.  I cut it down but have a portion of sauce for the freezer left over, all the same.  It will go nicely with some meatballs and spaghetti next week.

Where's the speed?  It's jam packed with speed - tomatoes, red pepper, onion and mushrooms.  So very, very delicious - and very filling too.  I was comfortably stuffed for the rest of the evening.  No need for anything else.

Today's plans:

B:  chocolate pancakes
(Comfort Food p30)
These are oat based and I did um and ah about using oats but then thought 'Why when I have a perfectly good reason for using flour and this recipe is exactly the same as mine apart from that?' so I'm using wholemeal SR flour as usual.  Fortunately, I do have some cocoa powder; goodness knows how old it is but it should be useable and I looked it up out of interest and one tsp is one syn.  
I'm not able to do Intermittent Fasting today as I have to be out of the house so it's a much earlier breakfast than usual.  Hopefully, keeping busy will hold any hunger at bay.
Around 290 calories plus whatever I have for topping

L:  out for lunch, don't know where we're eating so no idea.  Hopefully there will be calories on the menu - I find that so very helpful in making my choices, do you?

D:  cajun dirty rice, broccoli on the side; fruit/yogurt
(Pinch of Nom p120)
It says in the book that this was the first PoN recipe to go viral so I am expecting a good experience here.  I have some cajun spice so no need to find a recipe for it.
Around 300 calories plus broccoli and any dessert I have

Exercise:  no formal classes today but we will be walking round a lot

Summary:
around 590 calories plus lunch and all the extras



No comments:

Post a Comment