Thursday 24 August 2023

Thursday, 24-08-23

 Good morning, everyone.
I had my fish and chips yesterday evening, followed by ice cream, and it was lovely.  The so-called 'small' portion of chips was far from so I left a fair few but I enjoyed the change from my usual much more healthy menu, just for once.

And if I gain, I gain!!

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast was just some melon, an apple and an orange.  All Speed fruit.

This was lunch.  Because I've been on painkillers all week, I'm feeling decidedly bunged up so I went for baked beans on my (home made) muffin.
Yes, I had a go and the results are very edible.  I have five in the freezer now, made with wholemeal spelt flour and I'm counting them as a B.
However, I swear tins of baked beans have fewer beans and more juice nowadays.  I took off quite a lot of sauce before plating up.

Dinner was the fish and chips, ice cream and a sop to SW in some fruit salad.  :-)

Today's plans:

B:  omelette topped with tomatoes and mushrooms
I'm getting through an awful lot of tomatoes at the moment because they're now ripening thick and fast on the garden and they are so delicious!  This will be two eggs and a pile of speed!
SW:  syn free

L:  cheese, tomato and onion quesadilla, salad; fruit
I'm having a go at making a sort of wholemeal tortilla wrap thingy to turn into a quesadilla.  I have some SW approved B choice wraps in the freezer but they can be hard to find so I'm now on a quest to find a half decent recipe for home made ones.
(I may have not-quite-accidentally bought a tortilla press thingy from Amazon - ooops)
SW:  today I AM counting 40g wholemeal flour as a healthy B and the cheese is a healthy extra A.  I think the rest is going to be free/speed

D:  courgette and bacon fritters, spicy tomato sauce, salad; fruit/yogurt
Because I have loads of courgettes as well as tomatoes.  No complaints!  I think some finely chopped bacon will be lovely in the fritters.
SW:  25g wholemeal flour is 4 syns and grated cheese is my second healthy extra A

Exercise:  None.  I've decided that, to give my back a proper chance to recover, the only organised exercise I will do next week is a modified personal training (if that's OK with Lindsey).  The following week she is away so I have a really good opportunity to get it all back on track again.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four syns

2 comments:

  1. You're right about the beans....the last time we had a tin (unfortunately I can't remember which brand), once I'd poured off the sauce, the actual amount of beans was only just over half the tin. Another example of shrinkflation! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sign of the times, isn't it? Or another thing to add to bolognaise or chilli - baked bean sauce. xx

      Delete