Saturday 19 August 2023

Saturday, 19-08-23:

 Good morning, everyone.
After several weeks on specific themes, which I have very much enjoyed, I'm going back to the usual now.  No overarching  theme, just balanced, SW-friendly meals, using what I have and making what I like.  Back to basics, if you like.

I had already decided this but I feel strongly motivated after a one pound gain yesterday - most ironic given that last week was a focus on SW recipe from books and web site.  Very odd but, as I say too often, it is what it is and we move on from here!

So - back to basics, back to a rather more careful application of intermittent fasting and only one snack between lunch and dinner - speedy fruit.
And we will see . . .

Yesterday's meal photos:

Courgette fritter with tomatoes for breakfast.  I had also planned to have some bacon but decided I'd rather add a bit of bacon to the lunchtime risotto instead.

I just made one big fritter and spread the cooked tomato over like a kind of sauce and it was gorgeous!  One could slice the fritter, wrap the slices and take them for a picnic lunch or similar.

(the courgette and the tomatoes were from the garden)
The risotto I made for lunch was absolutely delicious.  A risotto needs a bit of attention but it's remarkably easy really.

I was pretty much following a recipe but next time I will add more vegetables - mushroom, maybe, and peas, p0lus some lemon zest for a bit of citrus contrast.
I'll also make less - it was too much rice and left me feeling bloated.  Half the amount of rice and a nice, fresh salad would be perfect.

I was out with friend for dinner and I had a chicken Caesar which I enjoyed very much.  No starter (none of us did) and when it came to dessert, I was full so just had an Americano.


Today's plans:

B:  fruit
This morning is one of our intermittent SW group walks so I'm taking some fruit to have when we stop for coffee.
SW:  syn free

L:  spelt pizza, salad; fruit
The jury (MY jury) is out on whether I can call spelt a free food or a B or whatever but I'm not fussed.  Even if I syn it, it will be absolutely fine.  In fact, I will syn it this time, because - back to basics!
I'm going to use my garden tomatoes to make the tomato sauce and will top with bacon, mushrooms, onion and, just maybe, some pineapple - judge me if you wish!  <  grin  >
SW:  five syns for the flour (30g), one healthy extra A for cheese and the rest is syn free, one way or another.

D:  chicken and spicy peanut butter pasta, maybe side salad; fruit/yogurt
I plan to cook some pasta and while that is cooking, spray fry chicken, mushroom, onion and pepper with garlic and chilli flakes, add some peanut butter powder to some Philly light, mix the cooked pasta with the cooked chicken and veg and melt in the Philly sauce.
SW:  one and a half syns for a level tbsp. peanut butter powder, three syns for 40g Philly light and the rest should be syn free.

Exercise:  a gentle walk (the back still isn't great)

Summary:
one healthy extra A
no healthy extra Bs (although normally I would call the spelt flour a B)
nine and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment