Tuesday 8 August 2023

Tuesday, 08-08-23: eating the freezer day 4

 Good morning, everyone.
All going well and today I'm shifting some more stuff from the upright to the chest because there's space.  That makes me happy.  :-)

Yesterday's meal photos:

I like breakfast pizzas.  Not really pizzas, of course, but very delicious and extremely filling.

There's two halves of a fairly small jacket potato in the dish on the left, hidden by beans and cheese.  Very tasty.

I was full and saved the fruit for after personal training.

I've taken to buying the smaller cams of baked beans; those larger cans are just too much, more than I want or need, even for two meals.  Yesterday, one small can did me for both breakfast and this lunch.

This, the Korean style beef noodles SW ready meal from Iceland, is pretty much the only SW ready meal I actually actively really like and am happy to give freezer space to.  It's just spicy enough with loads of veg and very tender, melt in the mouth steak.

This bowlful was pretty much half so I have the other half for lunch today, maybe bulked out with a bit more protein because I may just have had more than half the meat!!
Afters was three tiny easy peelers and that was the eating window closed for the day.

A lovely day's eating.

Today's plans:

B:  sausage patty in a bun/bagel/muffin or on a crumpet thin, maybe an egg on top, mushrooms and tomatoes, brown sauce
I'm using a real sausage, skin removed and reshaped into a patty.  That and the bread product are from the freezer.
SW:  probably three syns for the sausage, one healthy extra B and one syn for brown sauce

L:  Korean beef noodles, side salad; fruit
Leftovers from yesterday.  It's delicious and I think I will boil up some edamame beans to add for extra protein.  I actually doubt I will need a side salad; perhaps I will just have a little bowl of tomatoes on the side, seeing as I have loads from the garden at the moment.
SW:  This should be all syn free

D:  chicken chilli, maybe rice; fruit/yogurt
I made the spicy chicken a while ago and I will add some mixed beans and extra veg (I have courgettes a-plenty) and turn it into a con carne.  That will probably be enough without any rice.
The chicken and veg chilli is from the freezer
SW:  should all be syn free unless I add some grated cheese, in which case it will be a healthy extra A

Exercise:  Groove class

Summary:
maybe one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
four syns

2 comments:

  1. I'm always impressed that you put so much effort into your 'diet' (so called!) meals Joy - so much more appetising than a boiled egg and a bit of lettuce! It's no wonder you've stuck to it for so long, what's not to like? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. I really appreciate what you have said. That's why I've worked at it - I wanted it to be a lifelong change, not a diet to go on and off again so it was worth the initial effort. It was hard at first and there have been ups and downs which I've been honest about. Now it's just normal really and, with my much improved self esteem/respect, I truly know I am worth the effort I am making to focus on the journey and let the target take care of itself!

      Actually - it's fun too! :-)
      xx

      Delete