Sunday 13 August 2023

Sunday, 13-08-23: a week of SW recipes

  Good morning, everyone.
Day two of using predominantly Slimming World recipes, combined with using up freezer rubble and all's well so far.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Overnight oats are very satisfying and this was lovely.  I added some strawberries too just because I love them (but it was also extra speed).

I'm not sure where the 'Mexican' bit comes from in this recipe.  Maybe the chilli flakes?  Anyway, I used more tomatoes than it said, less potato and added some courgette and stirred in some grated cheddar for a healthy extra A and it was gorgeous.

Will it be 3/3 with a lovely dinner too?


Later on, I had some grapes.
Yes, I think it was pretty much 3/3 yesterday.
I used courgette and tomatoes instead of mange tout because I didn't have mange tout and I had to use teriyaki sauce rather than soy and oyster sauces because I didn't have any oyster sauce but it was still super delicious.

No room for anything else afterwards.

Today's plans:

B:  cinnamon French toast
Just what it says really.
SW:  one healthy extra B for bread and a bit of an A for milk

L:  turkey roast dinner, extra veg; fruit salad
I don't have any uncooked turkey. and I won't fuss with the gravy part as I have various gravies in the freezer that need using up.  I don't have sprouts either but I do have a good selection of other veg
Actually, reading through properly it really is just roasted veg, turkey and gravy so not much different to what I usually make. I have one more portion of cooked turkey (in gravy - yay) in the freezer so there you go.   I might roast (or steam) all the veg I want to use, chunked to similar size, reheat the turkey and gravy properly and then mix the roasted veg with the turkey, using the gravy as a sauce and serve the other veg (broccoli, probably) on the side (so it looks like the picture a bit more).  A few crumbled chestnuts on top might be nice too.  
SW:  around two syns for whichever gravy I use or make and one and a half syns for chestnuts*

D:  pasta with prawns, ricotta and peas, side salad; fruit/yogurt
Taste the Sunshine, p24
I don't have ricotta so Philly light it is.  The syns are pretty much the same.  I'll also have a side salad
SW:  35g Philly light is two and a half syns (which is what the recipe says for the ricotta)

Exercise:  An online class and a Shimmy Sippets

Summary:
bit of a healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
six syns

*  In case anyone wonders how I syn random stuff like two chestnuts, this is what I do.

The Slimming World 'app' is pretty good but it is a bit annoying in that it only gives syns for set amounts and you can't always guarantee that what you use is a set weight.  Some people say they cut off the extra and chuck it but what a waste!
That's where I use Nutracheck.  I just enter the item and the exact weight and it tells me the calories which I then can convert to syns using the 20 cals = one syn and the universal rounding rule.
That's how I can say with confidence that two chestnuts is one and a half syns (actually 33 calories).  And that's why I keep up my Nutracheck membership (great valie if you do it annually) despite not counting calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment