Sunday 6 August 2023

Sunday, 06-08-23: eating the freezer day 2

Good morning, everyone.
This week I'm using up all sorts of bits and bobs from my freezers - freezer rubble week!  I planned it last week so things might change a bit but it is more or less in place and ready to go!

Yesterday's meal photos:

As it was absolutely tipping it down, the walk didn't come off so breakfast was option two and it was perfect after an energetic SET class.
I cooked the sausage in Nellie - not a skinny one, but a high meat one so three syns and worth every penny.  I can't like the skinny sausages, the taste and the texture just don't appeal.
I spray fried tomatoes and mushrooms, then cleaned the pan and cooked the egg.  As I hadn't planned a B, I sprayed a small slice of wholemeal (half a B) and then popped it under the grill to crisp up.
It was cold and bleak outside and this went down a real treat.  Delicious!

Lunch:  a big old choppy salad with salmon cooked in the Ninja and some h m lemon mayo.  Very delicious.
For after, I had two easy peelers and a mini-apple.
Dinner.  The chips were air fried and the tomatoes were roasted in Nellie and the gammon and egg was done in a small pan.  Absolutely gorgeous and, again, perfect for a dismal old un-summery day and syn free on SW.  Basically a cooked breakfast with chips - let's call it a fakeaway.

And I was stuffed so nothing else, that was the close of my eating window.

Today's plans:

B:  scrambled egg and gravadlax on a wholemeal English muffin, tomatoes on the side
I didn't remember I had some gravadlax in the freezer.  It's still salmon but cured in a different way and, because the brine includes sugar, it carries syns.  I just have a small amount so I'm calling it one sun.
Gravadlax and muffin are from the freezer from the freezer.
SW:  one healthy extra B and one syn

L:  roast turkey, roasties or Yorkshire, roasted parsnips and courgette, other veg; fruit
I know I've had a lot of Sunday turkey recently; I'm using up what I froze from the Christmas turkey.
Turkey and parsnips are from the freezer.  I noticed I also have one frozen Yorkshire pudding so I might have that instead of roast potatoes.
SW:  two syns for some gravy made with the stock in which the turkey was frozen, two and a half syns for a Yorkshire

D:  turkey curry, rice; fruit/yogurt
Surprise!!  Made after Christmas using a Spice Queen kit, leftovers frozen.
The curry has plenty of vegetables in it for speed.
SW:   two syns for the curry

Exercise:  rest day

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
seven and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment