Saturday 26 August 2023

Saturday, 26-08-23

 Good morning, everyone.

Half a pound on at weigh in.  A bit fed up temporarily but fair enough as I must have been retaining fluid as well as being bunged up.  
One of those issues has resolved in that the bunged up is - er - no longer.  Why couldn't that have happened Thursday, eh?  Three pounds down this morning (on my scales).
Still, a good start to next week's loss, I guess.  

Yesterday's meal photos:

Oh, yes!  A lovely breakfast for a sunny Friday morning and it cheered me up no end.



Apart from the stock for the soup (and the seasonings) this is a plate of speed.
Can you O D on speed food?

I had an apple for dessert and a few grapes later on  Apples are speed and grapes free food.

Can I use the left over soup as a base for a chilled soup, I wonder.  I've never had a chilled soup.

I think 40g flour is slightly too little for Thermione to knead into dough.  I added a bit more and it was better so perhaps I will make double amount and freeze one base for another time.
I now have to count the pizza as a B and three syns.

It was really, really nice.  I baked it first, then added the toppings and gave it another five minutes or so in the oven.  Delicious.  I know it looks a bit 'caught' on the edge but it wasn't, not quite!  :-)

I had some yogurt and black cherries for dessert.
Today's plans:
B:  bacon and egg bagel, tomatoes and mushrooms on the side.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the bagel

L:  h m gazpacho, crunchy salad veg; fruit
I'm giving this a go.  It won't be authentic as the vegetables have been cooked and I won't be adding bread but it should be a tasty base and I can add chopped cucumber, extra tomatoes, courgette, pepper, tabasco, etc, and decorate it with some extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and mixed seeds.  I will Google for some ideas for tasty add ons.
SW:  one syn for half a tsp olive oil, half a syn for half a tsp mixed seeds (it goes a long way!) and I think that might be it.

D:  chicken and penne arrabbiata; fruit/yogurt
I will spoon off a little bit of the leftover tomato soup before making the gazpacho so I can use it as the base for a pasta sauce, cook and add some chicken and plenty of veg and pep it up with chilli flakes.
I might have cheese on top or I might stir in some philly light.  Not both though.
SW:  either up to 50g philly light for four signs or one healthy extra A for grated cheddar

I really like the sound/look of today's menu.

Exercise:  none - or, if I do, it will be very gentle stretching stuff, not weights or cardio.

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
either one and a half or five and a half syns

2 comments:

  1. Annoying about the half pound on, but it's perfectly understandable, that's what codeine does, unfortunately. Still, it's good that you're no longer bunged up! Chilled soups have never appealed to me, I'll be interested to see what you think of it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is, and it's the lesser of the two evils really. I do feel very much more comfortable today, that's for sure.

      I've never really gone for chilled soup either but we will see. If I don't like it chilled, I can give it a quick warm up on the hob!
      xx

      Delete