Monday 28 August 2023

Monday, 28-08-23

 Good morning, everyone.


Yesterday's meal photos:

A very tasty breakfast although oats tend to give pancakes a rather pudding-y texture while wholemeal flour is much more proper pancake (obviously) and I think I prefer the latter.  Anyway, these were very good and I enjoyed them very much.

I didn't do the souffle method - couldn't be bothered.  😉
Doing a 'yorkshire' in a pan does not work but it was still edible, just a bit flat and un-crispy.  Oh, well, a lesson learned and from now on I will turn on the oven.
It was a very, very tasty dinner though with an apple for afters.

I had planned to have salad with my dinner time salmon but I had some veg left over from lunch so I just added tomatoes and peppers and gave it all ten minutes in Nellie.  Delicious.
I finished the day's food off with an orange.

Today's plans:

B:  sweet omelette, fruit and yogurt
I will use some frozen fruit (I have got out mango, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries) as I seem to have rather a lot and I might make it souffle seeing as I didn't yesterday.
SW:  should be syn free

L:  cheese, ham and chutney toastie, salad, coleslaw; fruit
Remember that can of ham I opened a few weeks ago?  I froze what I didn't need in portions and must start using it up, syns or no syns.  So I will use some plus an As worth of grated cheese and some hm green tomato chutney (I think there's a jar opened)
SW:  one healthy extra A, one healthy extra B, one syn for salad cream and the ham is two and a half syns.
Edited:  also one and a half syns for chutney and the bread was heavier than onme B so another three syns for that.

D:  mince and veg in a roasted red pepper sauce, spaghetti, cheese; fruit/yogurt
Using >5% beef mince and the usual veg plus one of the pots of roasted red pepper sauce to make a sort of bolognaise thingy.  Makes a change from chicken anyway.
I've taken to weighing out my pasta, because it's just too easy to cook a bit too much.  I find 40g dry weight is usually ample.
(If this makes too much meat/sauce, I will have the leftovers tomorrow as a chilli con carne/stuffed pepper thingy - so fingers crossed)
SW:  one healthy extra A for grated cheese over the top

Exercise:  gentle stretches

Summary: 
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
eight syns

No comments:

Post a Comment