Wednesday 16 August 2023

Wednesday, 16-08-23: a week of SW recipes

  Good morning, everyone.


Yesterday's meal photos:

I haven't had baked oats for ages.  It was a bit stodgy and I might leave having it again until the weather is colder and more comforty type breakfasts are needed.
It was really nice, just too . . . well, stodgy!
On the other hand, sticky chicken with a big salad and home made coleslaw - perfect for a summery lunch.
I had strawberries for afters.  So good.



Dinner was broad bean and bacon carbonara.  Not everyone likes broad beans but I love them and this was really nice.  I did the recipe pretty much as it said except for adding a few mini tomatoes from the garden, partly to brighten it up and give it some more colour.

I had an apple later.

Today's plans:

B:  poached egg on toast
Not a new-to-me recipe, of course, but a good old favourite.
SW:  one healthy extra B for toast

L:  spicy bean jackets, salad; fruit
Meals for One, p86
Instead of using canned tomatoes with chilli, I plan to make the sauce with garden tomatoes and some 'fresh' chilli from the freezer that I grew a couple of years ago.  I have some leftover mixed beans in the freezer and will use a full As-worth of grated cheddar, because I can.
SW:  one healthy extra A and, maybe, one syn for light salad cream

D:  jerk chicken with rice and peas, broccoli; fruit/yogurt
Meals for One, p70
It says the 'peas' of Caribbean recipes are really beans - looks like this could be a rather windy day's food!!
I don't have commercial jerk seasoning but there are plenty of recipes online and it looks like I have all the individual spices, etc, needed so - no problem.
SW:  syn free

Exercise:  a walk, weather permitting

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
one syn

No comments:

Post a Comment