Friday 7 January 2022

Friday, 07-01-22

Good morning

Weigh in today- eeek!

Regarding the jam below, after a recommendation, while in town the other day, I indulged in a pot of strawberry jam from the Skinny Food Company.  I wasn't sure but this person said it was really nice, much nicer than she had expected and she's right, it is!  Half a syn per level tbsp so that's pretty good.

There are several different flavours and I would like to stock up but they seem to be rather hard to get online and it's certainly not worth a trip into town just for that.  It would make them extremely costly by the time you count petrol and parking.  I'll just keep my eyes open.

Yesterday's meals:

This turned out to be a huge breakfast and I'm very glad I decided not to cook an egg as well.

I'm also very glad I have decided to get 'proper' chipolatas from now on.  They are so much nicer and worth the syns.


I totally changed my lunch plans.  I had an appointment in town at one thirty and by the time I got home it was three but I wasn't particularly peckish after such a big breakfast so I've frozen the soup and had the croutons bread as toast instead with some Skinny Food Co strawberry jam instead.  And it was lovely!
I also had an apple and an easy peeler and later on one more easy peeler.


This was tasty.  Bean and mushroom risotto and loads and loads of vegetables.  Just lovely.
I had a yogurt for dessert.

I think the risotto must have been pretty much the last of the Hello Fresh meals that I froze as it had spinach in and I rarely add spinach to anything.  


Say goodbye to the Christmas plates now until next December.   I will miss them.



Today's plans:

B:  pancakes or waffles, yogurt, fruit, strawberry jam (maybe)
I haven't made waffles for a while but I will see which I fancy after weigh in.  The recipe is the same.
However, I am also pondering making pancakes by separated the egg, mixing the oat bran, flavourings and yogurt with the yolk and whisking the egg white before folding together.   Has anyone tried that?
SW:  one healthy extra B for oat bran, up to one syn for jam and half a syn if I use flavoured yogurt.

L:  turkey hotpot; fruit
The turkey is from the freezer and should give me a nice bowlful.  It's like a chunky soup really.
SW:  no syns

D:  salmon, cheesy chips and peas; yogurt
I haven't had salmon for ages and thought I had used it all up but when I was sorting out the boxes some days ago, I found a bit more.
There's no speed in this meal but, you know, sometimes you just have to go with what you fancy and this is what I fancy!
SW:  one healthy extra A for some cheddar and, probably, one syn for some mayo plus half a syn for yogurt

E:  the squats challenge and Lindsey's playlist

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
three syns


From the freezer:
fruit
turkey hotpot
salmon
peas

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck at your weigh in! First meeting done and dusted! And you were right - very busy! Didn't get to meet the permanent Consultant as there was a brilliant stand in so am sorry she won't be back but I'm sure the regular will be brilliant, too! We are full of enthusiasm - we each have a lot of work ahead but we can do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were very busy too - lots of returners and lots of them stayed to Image Therapy which was really nice.
      Well done, I'm really glad you went. Do ask, if you have any questions. I'm not a consultant but I do know the SW system fairly well by now.
      Yes - you can do it. xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Joy - very kind.

      Delete