Thursday 6 January 2022

Thursday, 06-01-22

 Good morning

This week seems to be passing so very quickly.  It's Thursday already; weigh-day tomorrow.  I'm typing this with metaphorically crossed fingers (my typing is bad enough without complicating matters) but I do think I have got the healthy eating patterns back again, thankfully, and I feel very much the better for it.  Whether this translates into a loss this week remains to be seen but if not this week, then definitely next week.
Yesterday's meals:

This was two bacon medallions and three mushrooms, cut up and cooked in spray oil.  I added two beaten and seasoned eggs to the pan and let them cook almost through before topping with halved mini tomatoes and some grated cheese and finishing off under the grill.
Very tasty!
Just cheesy beans on toast - perfect!

During the afternoon, I had an apple and three easy peelers.
Dinner was so good.  I do like the M&S chunky steak and, as I drained off some of the gravy, I now have that in the freezer to go with another meal.  I don't have gravy much but when I do, I like it to be meaty and tasty, not just a thickened stock cube.

I finished dinner with a mullerlight and a bit later on I stretched my eating window a bit with one more easy peeler.

Today's plans:

B:  full English - bacon, chipolata sausages x 2, fried potato (actifry/spray oil), mushrooms, tomatoes and a few baked beans left over from yesterday.
I can cook the potatoes and the sausages together in the actifry and maybe add the mushrooms near the end too.  I'll do the bacon and tomatoes in the pan, I think.
SW:  four syns for two nice pork chipolatas (not the skinny kind)

L:  carrot and lentil soup, croutons; fruit
If I don't clean the actifry bowl after breakfast, I can use it for the croutons with a bit of residual flavour, maybe.
The soup is just a bit of leftover leek, onion, carrots, red lentils, turkey stock and a bit of cumin, coriander, garlic, salt and pepper, all boiled up and blended.  I might add a splash of milk before serving, for a bit of creaminess in the texture.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the croutons

D:  mushroom risotto, mixed beans; mixed veg; yogurt
The risotto is in the freezer and needs some more protein so I will add another 15g cheese (it already has some in it) and also I will grab a handful of frozen mixed beans to add in.  The mixed veg is for both colour and speed.
SW:  half a healthy extra A

E:  the squat challenge (which is going well - I can feel that it's working those muscles) and Lindsey's playlist.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns


From the freezer:
sausages
bread
risotto
beans
mixed veg

6 comments:

  1. Your cheesy beans on toast made me go yum. I can't have the toast but will have a cheesy bean omelette some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. That sounds very tasty too.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Going to my first SW meeting this evening with my daughter. We both have a stone and a half to lose (we're short so it shows!) and I cannot wait! Your blog will inspire me - have been reading it for a while and I am always amazed at the effort you put into your meals - I hope we can be the same. Daughter doesn't live at home anymore so am more concerned for her! Will try and support from afar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Julia, how lovely to 'meet' you.
      Won't it be nice if you and your daughter can exchange ideas and recipes and even meals from time to time, all SW friendly of course. I find it gets to be a habit after a while so doesn't usually feel like an effort.

      I hope you really enjoy your meeting although it is likely to be busy - it's the time lots of people decide they must make an effort. When I started, I found everyone so very welcoming; it was lovely.

      Do keep commenting and let us know how it is all going.
      xx

      Delete
  3. So beautiful post. Happy new year ��

    ReplyDelete