Sunday 9 January 2022

Sunday, 09-01-22

 Good morning!

You've probably noticed, but I have written out the fluffy pancake recipe and posted it separately, just in case anyone wants to use it.
It's also worth mentioning that one of the tabs at the top leads you to a list of all my SW friendly recipes with links to the actual recipes.  Please do feel free to have an explore.

Yesterday's meals:

Always nice choccy weetabix minis with accompanying milk (half an A and one B) plus a rather wizened apple and a hard-ish pear.  They tasted OK though and better to use than to throw!
That's the last of the bubble and squeak from Christmas Day leftovers.  A very nice lunch indeed.  

And finally, the pinch of Nom pasta recipe.  It 2aqs really delicious - I added a few peas leftover from yesterday and had the rest of the vegetables I cooked at lunchtime.  The spaghetti was wholewheat and the whole thing was very filling.

As I said, I made the whole batch of sauce and, Pinch of Nom portions being what they are, I now have six single portions (my portions) in the freezer for other meals.

The day ended with a Mullerlight.


Today's plans:

B:  bacon, egg, tomatoes and mushrooms
Originally I had planned fruit and yogurt but I think today might be a more 'hungry' day so I'm going with something hot.
SW:  syn free

L:  corned beef hash, assorted veg; fruit
There are so many versions of corned beef hash but I like the one my mum always made which I am going to adapt a little bit.
Instead of just potato, I am going to actifry a mix of chunks of potato, sweet potato and butternut squash.  While that's doing, in the pan I will soften some onion and then spray fry chunked corned beef (the lean kind in a tin) so it starts browning at the edges.  Then I can mix the two together with some seasonings.  I might add some Henderson's relish (vegan Worcestershire sauce and just as nice) at some point.  I can serve it with a good dollop of bbq sauce, ketchup, brown sauce or sweet chilli sauce.
As I am using all the corned beef, there might be leftovers for another day and the syns can adjust accordingly.  We will see.
SW:  the whole of a 200g can of lean corned beef is five syns and the sauce, whatever I use, won't be more than one and a half syns.  If I have cheese on top, it will be a healthy extra A

D:  cajun spiced beef burger, maybe a few chips, salad; yogurt or kvarg
The burger is, possibly, a Hello Fresh one, I can't remember, but it's all made up and in the freezer so nice and easy.
SW:  one healthy B for the bread roll, one A for any cheese, one syn for super-light mayo and half a syn for dessert

E:  squat challenge and an exercise clip, either from the SW site of from Lindsey's YouTube channel.

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
eight syns
rather a high-carb day - lunch and dinner anyway.


From the freezer:
possibly vegetables
the burger
wholemeal roll

2 comments:

  1. I love bubble and squeak but haven't had it in a long time. I've surprised myself by managing the squats challenge these past couple of days. I do twenty five at a time and hope to work up to a few more as my poor thigh muscles get used to it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I do feel my legs are stronger than they were a week ago. Just a little bit more now and again - that's how I'm approaching it anyway.

      I love bubble and squeak too - it is what you make of it, a nice, adaptable thing and so easy!
      xx

      Delete