Saturday 1 January 2022

Saturday: 01-01-22: New Year's Day

Good morning!

While trawling through the Weight Loss Resources page on Facebook, I saw this and find it very relevant to today.


Very true, isn't it?

Pretty  much all the Christmas stuff is gone now.  Beth is taking the last few bits with her when she goes.  I have so much turkey left from yesterday but it's great for the SW way so I'm not unhappy about that.  Today, I will be taking it all apart, boiling up the carcass and getting loads of delicious stock.  That's one reason why I like a whole bird rather than some boned version; you can do so much with the leftovers.

As I expected, weigh in was really not good but, in fact, it wasn't as bad as I had feared so I felt quite encouraged.  It's the start of a new year and a new start for me.  Not officially a SW 'new start', but for me it is.  I've started the new book from the member's pack with yesterday's date and weight; the rest is behind me now.

Yesterday's meals:

Just the one photo, that of the turkey dinner I shared with Beth and Alex.  It was lovely!


Today's plans:

B:  bacon and egg roll, tomatoes and mushrooms
SW:  one healthy extra B for the bread roll

L:  turkey and leftover vegetables from yesterday; fruit
Just what it says although I might also cook some fresh cabbage or something to go with it.
SW:  if I have a bit of leftover gravy, I will call that two syns (estimated because how can you tell?)

D:  festive leftover turkey curry (that's what it says on the pack), rice, maybe some extra veg; yogurt
SW:  seven syns for two tbsp double cream (if I can persuade Beth to take the double cream, I can use quark or Greek yogurt in the curry instead)

E:  Maybe a walk today.  It depends on the weather.

Summary:
no healthy extra As, but I might have some hot milk (I quite like hot milk) which would account for one of them
one healthy extra B
two and a half or nine and a half syns, depending


From the freezer:
just the bread roll and there will be some turkey related stuff going into the freezer over the next few days

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it is true - we need to watch what we eat all year round. It's inevitable that we're going to overindulge in naughty things at Christmas/New Year, but the damage is lessened if we've managed to keep on the straight and narrow throughout the year. We still have some naughty things to use up, but within the next few days we'll be back to low carbing. Enjoy your turkey curry, Joy, and very good luck for reaching your goal this year! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Sooze. We all need the celebration feasting times and are very fortunate that we can.

      I've manage to farm off pretty much everything 'naughty' onto Beth and Alex. They've just gone and the way is clear. Here's to January - one month at a time, eh?
      xx

      Delete