Wednesday 19 January 2022

Wednesday, 19-01-22

 Good morning

The nice thing about having a roast chicken on Sunday is that one can do the old fashioned thing of using up the leftovers over the next week.  I remember we always had cold Sunday roast with mash and baked beans on Mondays as a child - although I'm sure we didn't, we just had it enough to imprint on my memory!
It's enough of a thing that, if one Googles 'left over chicken recipe' there are loads and loads of options.  I think it is great!
Yesterday's meals:

Three eggs because no toast and very nice they were too.
The mayo looks weird and I really should have used a bigger plate.  This was very tasty as leftovers usually are.
I then had a pear and two easy peelers. and later on, another pear.

Leftovers pie and loads of lovely veg.  Just delicious.

The day's food ended with a Mullerlight.  All on plan !  Yay!


Today's plans:

B:  cooked breakfast:  bacon, egg, hash browns, tomatoes and mushrooms
I will see how the hash browns I froze last week come out.  I am just wondering whether it would have been better to cook them and then freeze them . . .
Hopefully they will be OK.
SW:  speed and free unless I have some sauce.  The hash browns are half a syn for five and I'm having two so won't count them.

L:  cheesy chicken quesadilla, salad; fruit
I have plenty of chicken bits to use and a very little bit of cranberry sauce so that's all good.
SW:  one healthy extra A and one B, one syn for cranberry sauce and maybe one syn for mayo on the salad

D:  chicken risotto, veg on the side; yogurt
Obviously, this will be an adapted risotto without the wine and will use up  - surprise, surprise - leftovers!!
SW:  one healthy extra A for some parmesan and half a syn for yogurt

E:  kettle exercises and an hour of personal training

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
three and a half syns max


From the freezer:
hash browns
bread
stock

4 comments:

  1. I've yet to make a quesadilla but might give it a go this coming weekend. I bet they are tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice but I used the wrong word - I means a toastie. Sorry!
      I love quesadillas with pulse/bean kinds of fillings - it's lovely!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Joy, it's really hard getting your head back into the right place after Christmas. But I take eat day as it comes. I'm back blogging after a long break in the hope I can refocus. Tania x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've hit the nail right on the head there, Tania. It is hard. Yesterday went better and today (so far) is OK too. Fingers crossed for us both. xx

      Delete