Tuesday 4 January 2022

Tuesday, 04-01-22

 Good morning

Yesterday started off great and finished not so great so Must Do Better today!
Circuits with Lindsey was great and she's set us a challenge - to do a hundred squats each day this week.  She has a small YouTube channel with a clip on that we can use to keep us going.  It's always easier when you're not on your own.
Here it is, in case you're interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsTerBoVeos

I've put together a playlist of three of her other clips in the hopes that it gets me moving again - I'm being lethargic at the moment and it's really not helping at all.
Fingers crossed!
Yesterday's meals:

Muesli, yogurt and mixed fruit and just perfect before circuit training.  Filling but not at all heavy.  Lovely.

Lunch was the lamb and root veg soup to which I added leftover green veg from Sunday.  It looks very 'brown' but it was absolutely delicious and I am so glad there's more in the freezer.


I totally forgot to snap dinner.  It was nice but, looking at the recipe, I think it was nice because of the quality stock I used - fresh, jellied turkey stock.  I'll make it again soon but only when I have a tasty stock.


Today's plans:

B:  cooked breakfast
Bacon, egg, 2 x potato waffles, tomatoes and mushrooms.
SW:  four syns for the waffles

L:  The other half of the turkey pie from Sunday, veg; fruit
SW:  the pie has cheese in/on and I'll add a bit more to make it up to a healthy extra A

D:  mango and chilli chicken flatties, small portion of rice, sweetcorn, peas; yogurt
This is a Pinch of Nom recipe from one of their planners.  Basically, you make a mango based marinade, marinate a chicken sizzler overnight or for the day, cook the chicken and reduce the marinade to a sort of ketchup.  I haven't had sweet corn and peas for ages.
SW:  it looks to be syn free and the yogurt is half a syn

E:  squats and Lindsey's playlist.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
four and a half syns


From the freezer:
potato waffles
turkey pie
maybe mixed veg
chicken
peas
sweetcorn
that's better!!

6 comments:

  1. Didn't know this was here! I might copy and do the same - a little sideline blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't you - oh, I should have told you! Sorry. Welcome to t'other blog!!
      When you do start one, let me know and I will follow.
      I have found it extremely helpful for ages now. When I get back to target, I will change the name but will definitely continue posting meal plans, links and so on.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I've just watched Lindsey's video. She's very encouraging and I think I'll have a go. I'll let you know how I get on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey is really lovely and I know she will be very pleased. xx

      Delete
  3. I'd be hard pushed to do a single squat so I am impressed at your stamina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember, I have been working with Lindsey for around two years now. Before I started, I was the same. Every exercise felt like a killer and we started very small and worked up.
      xx

      Delete