Friday 14 January 2022

Friday, 14-01-22

 Good morning!

I had a go at making those hash browns yesterday, using a can of new potatoes, an egg and an onion.   I also used half a tsp olive oil for one syn but that was optional.
How did it go?  Well, I thought they were rather nice, they were certainly very easy to make and, I think, are quite adaptable.
You finely chop an  onion and I also softened it in the microwave with half a tsp oil (one syn).  You grate all the potatoes, dead easy, add the softened onion, one beaten egg and seasonings, mix well and then form patties.  I pushed the mix into a heart shaped cookie cutter and that worked well.
I put three of them on a lined baking sheet, sprayed them and baked them for around 25 mins on about 180, until they were nice and browned.  They came out well.
The other seven I open froze and then bagged so I'll see how they come out next week at some point.  It might be better to bake and then freeze - I have to find out.
Because I used some olive oil, they come out as half a syn for five so, unless I have four or five (unlikely), I'm not counting them as having any syns.

So easy and very nice so I suspect they will be a regular make from now on.!

Weigh day today.  Fingers crossed.

And finally - I won't be around for a couple of days because I have a friend visiting over the weekend and I'm not going to be taking meal photos with a visitor in the home.  It just doesn't feel polite really.
But I will definitely be back on Monday (probably later in, not early morning) and on Saturday morning I hope I can post a quick weigh in update and a few photos from today.

Yesterday's meals:

A scrummy breakfast for a cold and frosty morning!
The lentil burrito bowl was just as nice second day, either hot or cold.
I mixed the leftovers (spicy lentils, rice, kidney beans and corn) with a bit of lighter crème fraiche (I can afford the syns) and the chipotle paste and constructed the quesadilla with a WW wrap and about 35g grated cheddar.  There was a bit of mixture left over so I had that cold on the side (you can see it at the front of the photo).
Oh, my word, delicious!

Later on, I had two easy peelers.
This was the chilli beef.  It was OK - but I won't make it again.  I've tried other chilli beef recipes and not really been overly excited about any of them, to be honest.

The kvarg afterwards was nice!

Today's plans:

B:  boiled eggs and toast dippers
On Facebook, there was a thread about how you can 'boil' (cook) eggs in the actifry and I want to give it a go.  It could be a totally dismal failure!
SW:  one healthy extra B

L:  leek and potato soup, grated cheese; fruit
The soup is bubbling away as I type and smells lovely!
SW:  one healthy extra A

D:  salmon, chips and peas; fruit or yogurt
SW:  one and a half syns for some seafood sauce and one syn for oil to cook the chips in.  If I have yogurt, it is half a syn.

E:  Kettle exercises (exercises I do while waiting for the kettle to boil)

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
three syns


From the freezer:
bread
salmon
peas

BUT
into the freezer - leek and potato soup, hash browns Oh well, can't win 'em all.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe - breakfast, here we come! It was our weigh-in last night. So proud of my daughter who lost 4lb. I lost 2.5lbs - happy with that but need to step up (no pun intended!) the Body Magic. A long daily walk aiming for 10,000 steps daily. Fingers crossed for you today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many congratulations to you both, that's great losses.
      Body Magic is well worth the effort. It helps, not just with toning and burning calories, but also with the whole mental thing too. Good luck with it today.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Have a lovely weekend with your friend Joy. Will it be SW friendly meals?

    ReplyDelete