Saturday 20 May 2023

Saturday, 20-05-23

Morning, everyone!

Well, that was a bit better!  Three pounds off yesterday and I am now in single digit stones again as well as being in the healthy BMI range (just over 24).  Phew.
Now I must be careful not to go bonkers because I still have a bit more to lose before I am completely back to target again and it would be too easy to accept the good in preference to the best.

Enjoy the journey, never mind the target - if I focus on enjoying the journey, the target will come in due time.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast was sweet potato hash browns from the Cook, Slim, Save book.  They were OK, perfectly acceptable, but I don't think I would go out of my way to make them again soon.



I changed lunch plans.  Instead of a pitta pizza, I just stuffed leaves and feta into the pitta with some light dressing and a salad on the side and it really hit the spot nicely.  Afterwards I had some strawberries.

I made the dressing like this.
one tbsp M&S light Caesar dressing
one tbsp 0% yogurt
Just mix the two well together.  The Caesar dressing is strong enough not to be too diluted by the yogurt
It's two and a half syns but worth it
(I thought the Caesar dressing was one and a half - I'm glad I checked!)

A nice, simple Friday night dinner.  Another slight change of tomatoes instead of coleslaw.

I also had the jelly-yogurt foam dessert - the whole lot and it was delicious.  I must work out the calories so I know exactly how much it is but on SW it is two syns.

Make up a sugar free jelly with a quarter pint of boiling water and then, when the crystals have all dissolved, add the same again of cold water to make half a pint.  Allow it to get cold (but not to set).
Then add a Mullerlight of choice and a good old dollop of 0% plain yogurt (must measure how much but I'm estimating about two more Muller pots-worth.  I also add some more sweetener and, if appropriate, some flavour essence)
Then - and this is the big thing - whisk and whisk and whisk it.  By hand would be a real drag so I use either my little electric hand held whisk or, usually, the whisk attachment in Thermione (if you do that, remember not to go above speed 4)
When it's done, it will be light and fluffy and mousse-ish in texture but will set more than a mousse does.
Pour it into a bowl and chill in the fridge until needed.

Today's plans:

B:  a banana before SET class and avocado toast with scrambled egg, smoked salmon and tomatoes
Nice and posh for a lazy Saturday morning after exercise.
SW:  one healthy extra B and two syns

L:  Mexican orzo salad; fruit salad
This is from the Slimming World recipe book 'Taste the Sunshine', p58.
I may not have aduki beans - if not, I will use some other kind instead.   It says you could add some avocado so that's what I will do.
SW:  the recipe says it is syn free and the avocado will add two syns

D:  broad bean and bacon carbonara, broccoli; yogurt
Another from the 'Sunshine' book, p8, but I couldn't find the recipe online, sorry.  I'm subbing green beans for the courgette because I have the former in the freezer.
SW:  up to one healthy extra A for cheese and half a syn for the Mullerlight

Ex:  SET at the Shimmy Studio

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment