Sunday 14 May 2023

Sunday, 14-05-23

Morning, everyone!

I'm really happy that Friday morning's little setback didn't push me off track in the slightest.  It would have done, in the past.  I'd have done the classic 'Blow this' reaction and gone bonkers.
All this focusing on the journey, not on the destination' is really helping!



Yesterday's meal photos:

My mix worked really well as a sausage.  I like a 'chunky' sausage but next time I will try to get a smoother texture by giving the mixture a quick zap in Thermione..
I spent another half syn on Crucials brown sauce.
And I broke the egg as I cracked it into the pan, darn it!  Oh, well.

At some point I want to try pork, apple and mustard sausages.  Or turkey, cranberry and stilton.  Mmmmmm.
Lunch:  underneath that heap of salad leaves and smoked salmon are two halves of toasted bagel with mashed avocado spread over and very tasty it all was too with some lemon juice squeezed over.


Later on, I enjoyed an apple and an easy peeler.


Another mess that tasted great!  Nothing too complicated and the hm bbq marinade/sauce was delicious.
The marinade was honey, ketchup, lime juice, soy sauce, Henderson's relish, garlic puree, salt, pepper, chilli flakes, mustard powder and liquid smoke.

I finished off the day's eating with a Mullerlight (and now I'm right out so may very well walk down to Morrisons later on to get some more.




Today's plans:

B:  hm tattie scone, sausage patty and egg stack; tomatoes
I baked a larger than usual jacket potato yesterday and had half.  From the other half, I will scoop out the potato and mash it, add three syns-worth of wholemeal flour (because I'm having my B for tea), seasonings and a bit of yogurt, mix it into a dough, roll it out, shape it into circles and spray fry.  Hopefully, it will work OK.  It won't be as nice as if I had added copious amounts of melted butter but that's definitely a no-no!
The patty is the other half of yesterday's sausage mix.  The egg is just a fried egg and fingers crossed I don't break the yolk this time.
SW:  three syns for flour plus half a syns-worth of Crucial's brown sauce

L:  gammon, pineapple salsa, egg, chips and veg; fruit
I have some small and very lean gammon steaks, cut off a gammon joint and the rest will just go so nicely with it.  The salsa will just be a bit of pineapple and some onion, pepper, etc, chopped very small.
There shouldn't be any leftovers.
SW:  should all be syn free

D:  smoked salmon and cucumber sandwich, finger salad; yogurt
I'll use soft cheese instead of butter and call it an A (it isn't now, not officially)
SW:  one healthy extra B for bread (note to self - need to make another load soon) and one unofficial A for soft cheese plus half a syn for yogurt

Ex:  stair exercises

Summary:
one unofficial healthy extra A (it used to be, anyway)
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns

2 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely that bagel with salmon and avocado sounds. It's right up my street.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was delicious. I thoroughly enjoyed it. xx

      Delete