Sunday 21 May 2023

Sunday, 21-05-23

 Morning, everyone!


Yesterday's meal photos:

This went down a treat.  Quite substantial for a breakfast but it kept me going and was welcome after an exercise class.

I thought I had photoed lunch but, obviously, I didn't.  That's a shame as I changed my plans in order to use up come cooked new potatoes.  I made a mixed bean and potato salad on a bed of leaves, carrot and tomato and it was jolly tasty!
Bacon and broad bean carbonara for dinner and it was really nice.  Embarrassingly, I slightly scrambled the sauce but added a little dollop of Seriously light Cheddar to melt in and yum!
I was too full for anything else.  Broad beans are pretty filling!

Today's plans:

B:  sweet omelette, fruit and yogurt
I have loads of lovely soft fruit - strawberries, raspberries and blueberries - so a sweet omelette is just perfect.
SW:  half a syn for a Mullerlight

L:  roast chicken, roasties and roasted veg, broccoli, asparagus; fruit
I treated myself to a medium chicken.  They're not cheap nowadays (and nor should they be, if the bird is to be cared for properly) but they become a lot better value if one uses up the whole bird, from the first slice carved to all the leftover bits, bones and skin, boiled up for a good stock.
A number of my meals this coming week will be based on chicken.
SW:  I'll probably make some cranberry sauce (assuming I have some frozen cranberries and, actually, I'm not sure I do), so lets say a provisional two syns for some sauce and two for a bit of gravy.  I think the rest will be syn free

D:  cheesy chicken and onion toastie, salad; yogurt
Using the first of the leftovers and one of my favourites.
SW:  up to two healthy extra As and one B plus one and a half syns for some onion chutney and half a syn for yogurt

Ex:  stairs exercises, maybe a walk

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
six and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment