Wednesday 24 May 2023

Wednesday, 24-05-23

Morning, everyone!


Yesterday's meal photos:

It was such a delicious day's eating today.

Breakfast:  I made four mini egg muffins and had the last one later on.

This is so much a keeper.  It was lovely.  The salad was just lots of nice crunchy stuff with mixed seeds added in.
I cooked one noodle nest - well, it's hard to do less really - and half I had for lunch and the other half for dinner.
It was the dressing that really made it so good.  reconstituted peanut butter powder, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, lime juice, garlic and ginger.  Brilliant!
Afters was the last of some very - er - mature melon.  Very sweet, very juicy and eaten carefully!

Later on I had an apple and an easy peeler
Now, according to the recipe, dinner was supposed to be made with fresh tomatoes but
1)  they're not terribly tasty yet and
2)  I need half a can of chopped tomatoes for dinner today so I decided to use the other half yesterday.  Waste not . . .
The sauce was chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic granules, chicken stock powder, bit of salt, bit of pepper, a bay leaf and a sprig of rosemary.  Those last two I removed after simmering the lot together and before blending and pushing through a sieve.
The rest was onion, pepper, sugar snap, baby corn, all softened, the last of the roast chicken added with the tomato sauce, heated up to piping hot before I added the other half noodle nest, some capers and a few sliced olives.
It sounds more complicated than it really was and, come the summer when I am harvesting my own tomatoes, this will taste absolutely stunning.  It will also be really good as a more creamy sauce with some yogurt or soft cheese stirred in.
I finished off with a Mullerlight.

Today's plans:

B:  egg on toast with tomatoes and mushrooms
SW:  half a healthy extra B for one slice of toast

L:  smoked salmon maki rolls, salad; fruit
Taken from the Free Food on the Go book, p 17
The salmon rolls are a bit sort of sushi-ish although I don't plan to use sushi rice, I plan to use basmati and make it sticky with some mayo.  An abomination, I agree, but that's what I will do.  I will add some finely chopped cucumber and pepper to the rice and, perhaps, some strands of carrot and celery too.  The smoked salmon is the outer wrapping.  We will see.  At the very worst it will end up as a sort of rice salad!
I plan to use 'proper' mayo - I have some Baxter's Simply Delicious mayo that is three and a half syns per level tbsp. - and top it up with the super light stiff, if necessary.
SW:  a possible four and a half syns for mayo

D:  diet coke chicken, vegetables; yogurt
It's not as nice made with diet cola as with real but it will be OK.  I won't be following any specific recipe, just winging it with cola, chicken stock and chopped tomatoes, chicken and vegetables and it will cook in the slow cooker to make life really easy!
SW:  half a syn for yogurt

Ex:  personal training today!

Summary:
no healthy extra As
half a healthy extra B
five syns

No comments:

Post a Comment