Saturday 27 May 2023

Saturday, 27-05-23

Morning, everyone!
Ooops - one pound on yesterday.  Oh, well, not to worry.  Onward and downward!  I'll do my darndest to get that sorted by next Friday!

The meatballs in tomato sauce that I took to tester seemed to go down well.  I'd hoped to have some left for lunch but there was only a little bit of the sauce left (no complaints - I was chuffed about that) and so many requests for the recipe that I'm doing a separate post in here about it.

I thought Jen hadn't posted a photo but she did  Cheers!


Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast was taster session at Group and it was lovely.  Loads of people had brought bits along to share and we felt very well fed.  I made a 'collage' of all the photos Jen took.  I didn't have everything but I did have a good selection.


Lunch was the last bits of the tomato sauce with the contents of a chicken teriyaki skewer, some mushroom and some pasta mixed in.  So tasty!

I had fruit through the afternoon.
This was half of the SW lasagne ready meal from Iceland.  What did I think of it?  er -  I didn't think it was great for three reasons.
WAY too much basil flavour and I'm not so fond of basil.
Not enough meat sauce and too much pasta
No cheese (I decided not to add any cheese to give it a fair test).
I probably won't have the other half.  I know it is a waste but . . . 

However, one good thing about SW ready meals is that the recipe is on the card wrap-around so I'll give that a go sometime, tweaking the balance and using oregano instead of basil.

I finished off with a Mullerlight.


Today's plans:

B:  fruit salad and yogurt
Partly because I'm using up my healthy extra B for dinner so I have chosen not to have pancakes today.
SW:  should be syn free

L:  ham salad; fruit
I have a pack of rather nice looking ham trimmings to use.  I'll probably make a mixed salad with whatever I can grab and sprinkle over some mixed seeds.
SW:  one and a half syns for some chutney and half a syn for half a tsp seeds

D:  cheeseburger, chips, salad; coffee orange jelly-yogurt mousse
I'm making this because, in part, I want a recent photo of another way to use the meatball mix but mainly because it's yummy and like a Saturday fakeaway.
SW:  one healthy extra A, one healthy extra B, one and a half syns for chutney, one syn for dessert (It's two in total and I'm having half today, half tomorrow.

Ex:  A Shimmy pre-record class

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment