Tuesday 30 May 2023

Tuesday, 30-05-23

Morning, everyone!
I'm really going for it this week.  Low syn as much as possible and no sneaky nibbles, however syn free/speed they might be.  The only 'snack' is the fruit I plan for my lunch and usually reserve until later in the afternoon.  I want that pound off on Friday.  
Yesterday's meal photos:

Not a particularly colourful  breakfast but it was tasty - the eggs were perfect with cooked whites ands runny yolks.  That doesn't always happen!
Leftovers from Sunday and just as nice.  I added half an apple, chopped, to the salad (perfect) with some balsamic vinegar, and finished off the rest of the apple afterwards.

Later on, I had an orange and a banana.

Rather messy looking but very tasty indeed - and plenty of colour.  The 'pie' was so simple and the roasted veg was sweet potato, red pepper, mushroom, tomato and red onion.

Dessert was the usual yogurt and that was that !



Today's plans:

B:  fruit salad, yogurt
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

L:  ham quesadilla with sweet pickled onion, side salad; fruit
I got this from the BBC Good Food site - it is actually a 'use up leftovers' recipe but it doesn't have to be and I have ham trimmings to use up (that pack of trimmings I got from Aldi was incredibly good value).
I'll use the sugar it says because I don't actually drink the pickling liquid;  I'll just give it a one syn value.  I might keep it for another pickling if it's nice.  Also, I will use a wrap as I usually do, rather than a flour tortilla
Here's the recipe link.
SW:  one and a half healthy extra As for cheese and one B for the wrap while I am estimating one syn for sugar

D:  jacket potato with tuna mayo, salad or veg; yogurt
I was going to use another portion of cooked mince and jazz it up with chilli, etc, but then decided actually I rather fancied tuna.  So tuna it is!  I have a bit of sweet potato left from yesterday so might have that as well although it could keep for Wed dinner instead.  I'll ponder that one.
SW:  up to two syns for mayo (or maybe salad cream) in the tuna and half a syn for yogurt

Ex:  a walk and a Shimmy pre-record.

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four syns

No comments:

Post a Comment