Wednesday 31 May 2023

Wednesday, 31-05-23

Morning, everyone!

I just want to plug something I got from Aldi yesterday.  It is their 'The Deli Pickled Pink Onion' and it's sliced red onion in a pickling liquid.  I'm not too keen on pickled onions generally but some people recommended it so I thought I'd give it a go and, actually, it is very nice as a sweet pickle.  I had it in yesterday's quesadilla and it was tasty!





Here it is!  It's a new product and I can see I will use it a fair bit - and it is Slimming World free - it might even be speed because onion is speed.




Yesterday's meal photos:

I really enjoyed this breakfast - raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries for speed fruit and a few grapes which are free.  The yogurt is Aldi's protein yogurt which counts as free and protein on Slimming World. a bit more than I usually have because there was so little left in the pot, it wasn't worth putting it back in the fridge really.



I met a bit of a problem - I didn't have any SW wraps - which count as a B - left but I did have others.  I don't think the ones I used are Bs, in fact I am certain they aren't, but they have to be used, I'm not wasting them, so I'm counting two of them as a B and three syns (going solely by the calories).  A bit annoying but there you go.  No wasting food if I can help it.


Later in the afternoon, I had three small plums.



When it came to dinner, I had made enough salad for both lunch and dinner but felt I needed something hot to go with the tuna jacket - I really hadn't felt warm all day.  So I had some baked beans and very nice they were too although I know it doesn't look very pretty!

I finished off with the usual yogurt.



Today's plans:

B:  bacon, egg, beans, tomatoes and mushrooms
Your classic SW syn free breakfast - yum!  The beans are left overs from yesterday.
SW:  syn free

L:  ploughman's toastie, salad; fruit
I still have ham to use up and am hoping it will all be gone by the end of today.  I'll chop some up small and have it with cheddar and pink pickled onion - a sort of ploughman thing, hence the name I have given it.
The salad is left over from yesterday and I'll probably carry on the pink theme by adding some chopped beetroot to it.  
SW:  one and a half healthy extra As, one healthy extra B

D:  chicken, ham and veg casserole; yogurt
This is a bit of a cheat really.
I'm going to chunk up any remaining ham, soften veg like onion, pepper, baby corn, etc, use some sweet potato I have left over from Monday, cook some cauli and broccoli and maybe some carrot too, and then throw it all in together with the contents of some chicken in white sauce from Aldi plus some chicken stock powder as the sauce is a bit bland.  Also, maybe add garlic and some herbs or spice - I'll take a look at what I have - and serve it a bowl as a lovely, chunky, chicken and ham casserole.
That's the plan, anyway!
SW:  one syn for the chicken in white sauce, probably a couple of syns for thickener as the sauce goes very runny when it is warmed up and half a syn for yogurt

Ex:  something online or a Snippet - I haven't decided yet.  I really enjoyed a Walk with Rick yesterday to Tina Turner music.  Might do another one.

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
three and a half syns

2 comments:

  1. That Berry bowl looks delicious. I'm hoping for a good crop this year and I'll be having similar breakfasts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love berries and yogurt for breakfast - and home grown and picked will be amazing - good luck with them. xx

      Delete