Thursday 11 May 2023

Thursday, 11-05-23

Morning, everyone!
It's a funny old day today.  Too busy for a proper breakfast and eating out for lunch.  I need to be very careful late afternoon and will probably thank goodness that it's weigh in tomorrow so not a good time to go off plan.  :-)
Yesterday's meal photos:

This worked really well.  I used one small potato plus some softened onion, salt, pepper and garlic granules.  I beat up one egg and added a bit to the hash brown mix.  To the rest, rather than crack another egg, I added a spoonful of cottage cheese, mixed it well into the egg and cooked it in the ban in a crumpet ring.  It rose really high, then flattened a bit but it tasted good and it really made a 'stack' with a hash brown bottom and top.  I spent another half syn on a drizzle of brown sauce and it's another I will make again.  Scrummy!

Mainly leftovers for lunch - lamb hotpot and broad beans plus a bit of tomato.  Very nice and very filling.

I had an apple after personal training.
When it came to it, the braised balsamic chicken was very simple.  Onion, a chicken breast fillet, half a can of chopped tomatoes and some balsamic vinegar plus herbs and seasoning.  Really nice and so simple to make.

I had a yogurt for dessert.



Today's plans:

B:  fruit
It's a very busy morning and there's no time for any kind of sit down breakfast so I will have a banana before SET and grab an apple later on.  I won't miss a bigger meal as I'm on the go non-stop really.
SW:  syn free

L:  lunch at a friend's home - she knows I do SW so it will be absolutely fine, bless her.
SW: unknown but it will work.

D:  sweet and sour chicken skewers, salad; coffee orange mousse
This recipe is from the SW 'Free Food on the Go' book, p 6, but I can't find the recipe online, sorry.
The mousse sounds posher than it really is.  It's an orange sugar free jelly, made up with just 80 mls boiling water, allow to cool, whisk in one Mullerlight cappuccino yogurt and some plain yogurt until it's all setting and foamy.  I'm making it last for two portions and might add some orange segments. 
SW:  one syn for the dessert.

Ex:  online SET class

Summary:
unknown at the moment.  I am saving the healthy extras in case I need them for lunch and I know breakfast is not ideal but sometimes you just have to go with the flow, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment