Sunday 7 May 2023

Sunday, 07-05-23

Morning, everyone!

I definitely had a No Scale Victory yesterday.
I tried on one of my pairs of size ten jeans and they fitted.  Not just but really.  Woo hoo.  I must get the other size tens out and check them too.

I've just come back in to add that I forgot to say that I got the Platinum Body Magic award on Friday - for the second time because I'd already achieved it before but had a new start!  Because exercise is now a normal part of my routine, I didn't have to do anything special, just work up through those awards.  :-)



Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast was just an apple so no photo.

Lunch was really nice.  Apologies for the poor light in the photo.
I really must make posh sandwiches more often!

I was so full afterwards.  

The famous Slimming World not-Pimms and very good it was too.
(and it's all SW free)
So was the coronation chicken.  I'm not sure why I don't have it more often.

I went for the simplest version - cooked chicken, mayo (which might have been the naughty kind, I couldn't possibly comment), korma paste, mango chutney and sultanas.  

That was a delicious day's eating, it really was.  Not one to repeat too often but I really enjoyed it.


Today's plans:

B:   pancakes, fruit and yogurt
The pancakes are the usual SW cheat (using wholemeal SR flour as a B) and the fruit is from a bag of frozen 'breakfast topper', a mixture on mango, peach, strawberry and pineapple, all chopped small.
SW:  half a healthy extra B for the flour (unofficial) and half a syn for a Mullerlight

L:  roast turkey, new potatoes, roasted sweet potato and parsnip, broccoli; fruit jelly
I'm using some turkey rolled breast , cut from a big rolled breast from Kelly's a while ago now.  I think now I have one left or maybe this is the last one, I'm not sure.  Maybe I need to do another freezer audit.
Anyway, it is quite small so won't take long and I will use Nellie, veg in one side and meat in t'other.
When I did my last shop, M&S had Jersey royals so I tried not to wince too much at the price and got a bag.  They're not around for long, are they, and they are so lovely boiled with mint.
I have just a bit of home made cranberry sauce in the fridge so I will use that up and I have some little pots of gravy in the freezer; it's not turkey gravy but I'm not fussed, it's home made and needs using!
SW:  one and a half syns for cranberry sauce and one syn for gravy plus half a syn for the jelly

D:  pork and chorizo meatballs, chunky roasted vegetables, pasta; yogurt
The meatballs were made from the other half of the burger mix from Friday so need using today.  I will have roasted veg left over from lunch to which I will probably add some roasted red pepper (from a jar), garlic, mushroom and tomato to make not exactly a sauce but it won't just be veg either.  I'm not yet sure about adding pasta - perhaps orzo might work or perhaps I could use macaroni.  Anyway, the idea is to cook the meatballs with the veg, maybe add pasta, sprinkle over some cheese and pop it under the grill for five minutes or so.
SW:  one to two healthy extra As for cheese (which includes the bit of cheese in the meatballs), one syn for the chorizo and half a syn for yogurt

Ex:  gardening (weather permitting - it didn't yesterday) and some weights and mat work.  Still being careful with the old ankle.

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
half a healthy extra B
five syns

No comments:

Post a Comment