Friday 16 June 2023

Friday, 16-06-23

Good morning, everybody!
Weigh day.  To be honest, I am feeling a bit nervous about it after last week's gain.

Today's meals are going to take me over five syns but that's OK - I could have up to fifteen and I only rarely do.
Yesterday's photos:



Eating a rainbow for breakfast.





A lunch that worked really well on a hot day although I probably won't be buying those rolls again - rather tasteless.

Later on, I had a couple of plums.





This was really very ad hoc and ended up containing onion, mushroom, roasted red pepper, can of cherry tomatoes in juice, ham trimmings, edamame beans, fresh herbs, garlic, chicken stock powder, pepper,  Henderson's, soy sauce, tomato puree and some red jalapenos from a jar.  That last made it pretty spicy, hence the yogurt.

By the time I had finished adding this and that, it made three good portions so pretty economical.
I think one will make a nice chilli con carne (but not mince based) and I may treat myself to a small bag of tortilla chips and make some nachos - or, at least, a SW friendly version.

Dessert was a lemon yogurt.

Today's plans:

B:  pancakes with fruit, yogurt and agave nectar
Yummy!
SW:  *half a healthy extra B for wholemeal SR flour (see below for explanation) and one and a half syns for a tbsp agave nectar

L:  crustless ham quiche, coleslaw, salad; fruit
I have plenty of eggs and some ham trimmings and haven't made a quiche for a while.
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese, one syn for superlight mayo or low fat salad cream

D:  fish, chips, salad; yogurt
The fish is one of the pieces I bought from Aldi on Wednesday - lightly dusted yellowfin sole in a lemon and parsley crumb.  A bit synful but not outrageous.  The chips will be the usual home made kind and I am making some lemon mayo to go with it all.  Nice.
SW:  five and a half syns for the fish and one syn for the lemon mayo plus half a syn for the yogurt

Exercise:  rest day

Summary:
one healthy extra A
half a healthy extra B
nine and a half syns

*  using wholemeal SR is not an authentic SW approved healthy extra B
However . . .
Bs are all about fibre.
40g wholemeal flour has more fibre and slightly fewer calories that 40g oats (which is an official B)
Therefore, now and again, I use wholemeal flour and call it a B choice without any pangs of SW conscience!

It's a personal and reasoned (I hope) decision.



2 comments:

  1. I love that Aldi yellowfin sole, it's one of my favourites. Fingers crossed for your weigh in xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know - it does look good and was strongly recommended so I bet i will love it. And fish, generally, is so good for us, isn't it? xx

      Delete