Saturday 24 June 2023

Saturday, 24-06-23

Good morning, everybody!

It was a maintain yesterday - thanks to all who inquired.
I'm very happy with that - I'm in the healthy BMI range, I fit into (most of) my size tens and I accept that some of my bulges will never go because they are stretched skin, not fat.  More importantly, I am working to keep myself fit and developing strength - so important as one gets older.

I'm still going for that last half stone but, more than that, I am continuing to focus on the journey, to make it as healthy and as good for me as it possibly can.  After all, there's always something to work on, isn't there?

(apologies if that sounds smug - I don't feel smug, just aiming to focus on the good things as well as changing what still needs to be changed)

Yesterday's photos:

I enjoyed this very much.  That's the last of the Lathcoats strawberries now.  Time to get some more, perhaps.

I had already had an apple after weigh in.
Not quite what I planned although the constituent parts are similar.
I just fancied a basic cheese sandwich rather than on toast so that is what I had and very nice it was too.
Afters was another apple

Sadly, the rest of the day was a bit of disaster so we will draw a veil of oblivion over it (as Anne Shirley said) and move on into a new week!

Today's plans:

B:  crumpet thin with egg and tomatoes on the side
These are quite new, I believe, but I have always loved a toasted crumpet.  Admittedly, in the past they would have been dripping with melting butter which ain't going to happen nowadays, but I reckon an egg yolk will be just as nice.  If it's good, it may become a regular.
SW:  three syns for the crumpet - they don't count as a healthy extra A

L:  sort of chicken caesar salad; fruit
In no way will this be authentic!  I have some cooked chicken, some M&S lighter 'creamy Caesar dressing' which is quite nice and plenty of simple salad veg, enough to knock up a half decent salad.
No hard Italian cheese, sadly, but I think a little crumble of feta will be nice.
SW:  three syns for some dressing, one healthy extra A for feta and one B for croutons

D:  chicken tikka masala, rice; yogurt
I meant to have this yesterday but, well, veil of oblivion, you know so tonight's the night!
SW:  I intend to have 0% Greek yogurt so it should all be syn free

Exercise:  SET online

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
six and a half syns

2 comments:

  1. Not smug at all, Joy. You've come a (very!) long way and what I've always liked about this blog of yours is that you are brutally honest and document everything, including the disasters - after all, life isn't perfect! And you've shown, very well, that dieting and diet food doesn't have to be all lettuce leaves and Ryvita, there's nothing deprived about your diet! So very well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks for this, Sooze. You're very kind. That last bit is exactly what I want to show so that's brilliant. Cheers! xx

      Delete