Sunday 25 June 2023

Sunday, 25-06-23

 Good morning, everybody!

I spend a fair time yesterday gathering Pinch of Nom recipes for this 'week on' I am planning.  There's loads of lunches and dinner, bot so many breakfasts as many of them use bread and, if I am to marry it with Slimming World (which I want to do), I need to keep B choices for lunch some of the time.
I can repeat breakfasts though, that's no problem.

I might very well do a SW week on Pinch of Nom and then a calorie counted week on PoN which gives me greater scope.  I'll ponder on that.

I won't be doing it this week though . . .
Yesterday's photos:

This really was very good indeed.  A shame I made a right dog's dinner of the egg, breaking it as it went into the pan.  Oh, well, it tasted just as good, I am sure.

Definitely one to do again and I have a few more ideas for those crumpets too.


OK, so this was in no way an 'authentic' caesar salad, whatever that may be, but it was absolutely scrummy and miles nicer than the abomination that was served to me in a well known pizza chain a month or so ago - and many times cheaper.
Probably loads healthier too with plenty of speed salad, lean chicken, lighter feta, Healthy B croutons, healthy oils in some olives and the lighter dressing.
The only thing I forgot to syn in yesterday's planning was one syn for the olives.
I had an orange for afters.

Dinner was the chicken tikka masala made with the JD seasoning and it was really very good.  In the end, I used half the tub of spice with one large chicken breast, adding some mushrooms, and it's made enough for two.
The little tubs have lids so I've tucked the other half, plus the recipe, in my spice cupboard so I won't forget about it!

I use the absorption method when cooking rice - works every time.

Afters, as you can see, was some grapes.


Today's plans:

B:  epic brekkie bake
This is from the new SW book, 'Tray-mendous' - lots of SW friendly tray bakes in it, some of which look amazing.
I will be subbing - of course.  I will use Heck chicken sausages instead of the SW pork sausages which I refuse to use, they are vile (I think), and no spinach as I'm not that fond of it, but I will add some leaves to the plate to compensate.
Basically, it's a baked omelette, I guess, but it looks really nice.
SW:  one syn for two chicken Italia chipolatas


L:   roast turkey, chutney, roasties, roasted veg and other veg; fruit
. . . and that's the last of my rolled turkey breasts (from Kelly's - a big one cut into small portions).  I won't be buying a turkey this Christmas but I might get another rolled breast to cut up in the same way - it has been extremely useful.  
SW:  one and a half syns for chutney and I think the rest is SW free

D:  shredded turkey bbq burger, salad; yogurt
I'm not quite sure what to call this.  Basically, I found a little pot of BBQ sauce in the freezer, labelled 'free' which I will taste and pep up, if necessary and I will have turkey left over from lunch so I plan to shred the turkey, mix in the sauce and bung it on a toasted (home made - yum) roll with salad, etc.
SW:  one healthy extra B and maybe one syn for some salad cream on the salad.  Also half a syn for the yogurt

Exercise:  rest day

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four syns

No comments:

Post a Comment