Monday 26 June 2023

Monday, 26-06-23

 Good morning, everybody!

I'm making another loaf today.  I already have plenty left from the last loaf but I baked it in a tin so it's that shape.  I rather fancy having the choice of oval slices too - they can look great on the plate (as well as tasting brilliant!

It's cooler, thankfully, and I'm feeling so much better.  Such a relief.  Back to proper meals again today.
Yesterday's photos:

This was very nice but, oh my goodness, it was HUGE.  One portion had three eggs (three!!!), two chicken chipolatas, two bacon medallions plus the veg - I could only manage half so that's today's breakfast sorted out.

It was nice but nothing unusual really, basically just a frittata/crustless quiche kind of thing without cheese.  And I need to brown the sausages more!

Definitely not as planned.

I was feeling quite flaky yesterday anyway and it was so, so hot that the thought of even the most simple roast dinner was too daunting.  This was my healthy B, half a healthy A (cheese spread) and some of the turkey I roasted earlier, before the heat built up too much.
I had some fresh pineapple and some strawberries that had been cooling in the fridge and they were lovely.

When it came to dinner, I still wasn't hungry so I just had a banana, some grapes and an apple.
Nothing heavy and nothing cooked!
 Hopefully it will be cooler today.

Today's plans:

B:  the other half of the breakfast bake
Seeing as I will have just been strawberry picking, I might have some fruit too - but not together!
SW:  half a syn for the sausage

L:  chicken tikka masala, veg; fruit
This is the other half of Saturday's curry and I will probably add some of the turkey from, yesterday.  I prepped some cauliflower and broccoli for steaming but, obviously, didn't have it, so I need to use that up too.
SW:  I believe it is all syn free

D:  fish, chips, salad; yogurt and fruit
Today, I am remembering my lovely Dad as it is the second anniversary of his passing.  His big favourite was steak and chips/wedges but he also loved fish and chips, not the chippy shop kind, the bake in the oven kind.  I'm going to enjoy one of those breaded yellowfin sole fillets, the garlic and herb one.
I'm low on healthy extras so I will make cheesy chips, I think, and maybe have a slice of bread and make a cheesy chip butty.  I'll see how hungry I feel when it comes to it.
SW:  four syns for the fish and, perhaps, one A and one B.  The yogurt is 0% Greek so syn free

Exercise:  Lindsey is away this week so I will have to be motivated enough to access the videos she has left for us.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
(perhaps)
four and a half syns

2 comments:

  1. My Mum loved fish and chips too, it was nearly always the meal she requested when we took her out to lunch. Yes, it was definitely too hot and sticky for cooking yesterday. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good meal and doesn't have to be too fatty/unhealthy. I'm looking forward to it. It's so nice to have those memories. isn't it? xx

      Delete