Friday 25 January 2019

Friday, 25-01-19

Good morning.  This is a bit late because I overslept!

One pound off yesterday.  I was a bit disappointed and had to tick myself off for feeling negative as it's in the right direction and that's what matters.

No photos.  I totally forgot - ooops.
However, the turkey jalfrezi was OK-ish but very bland.  I suppose that when your recipe only uses five ingredients (hence the title 'Take 5'), it is going to be a bit lacking.  Anyway, I jazzed it up with peas, mushrooms, tomato puree, ginger, garlic and a bit of chilli and it was much better.  Today's dinner is some of the leftovers and I will freeze the rest.  It made four good portions.

Today's plans:
B:  yogurt and fruit
I will use my home made natural yogurt and I'm still addicted to those lovely easy peeling mini-oranges.
SW:  free

L:  tomato soup and dunking bread
The last of my home made tomato soup so I need to make some more at some point.
SW:  healthy extra B for the bread.

D:  turkey mince chilli, rice
Some of yesterday's leftovers with a dash more chilli and some kidney beans added.
SW:  free

Ss:  cheese (healthy extra A), fruit, yogurt (one syn)  Actually, I might have the cheese grated over the chilli earlier instead.  I'll see how I feel.


It looks a simple menu but it's packed with f&v and it's all made and ready.  Nice.

2 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, you must have needed the sleep. Congratulations on the 1lb loss - as you say, it's still a loss and infinitely preferable to a gain! We've tried turkey mince a few times and not keen - as you say, very bland and needs a lot of flavouring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point - maybe it wasn't entirely a recipe issue. It has a nice texture though, I think, and it's low fat which helps.
      Yes, I think I did need the sleep - I'm still fighting something off and not feeling 100% so some extra sleep was very welcome.
      xx

      Delete