Sunday 20 January 2019

Sunday. 20-01-19

Good morning.
I'm back at home instead of at my parents' home, feeling a bit sorry for myself but it's just a cold, I suspect, at the achy, sore throat, sneezy yucky stage before it all 'starts flowing'!  Not the sort of germs I want to share with two vulnerable people in their 90s!

When I got home yesterday, I decided to make a big pot of emergency bean and veg soup and I'm so glad I did as all I had to do is pile some into a bowl and heat it in the microwave now and again.  Great flavour, little effort and loads more left for today AND some to freeze.

It has onion, celery, carrot, potato, sweet potato, squash, parsnip, peas, sweetcorn, chickpeas, mixed beans and orzo plus vegetable stock, garlic and some seasonings. 
It will keep me going, that's for sure.

Today's plans are:
B:  yogurt and fruit.  One of the raffle contents was a pineapple but it still looks a bit green so I'll leave that for a few days.
SW:  free

L:  bean and veg soup; pitta dippers
As above.  It's a mixture of fresh, froxen and canned foods so it's also cleared a few spaces in freezer and cupboard
SW:  the soup is free, the dipper is my healthy extra B

D:  steak, SW chips and mushy peas
- assuming I feel OK.  If I don't, it'll be more soup.  I might make cheesy chips instead of plain ones.
SW:  free if it's plain chips, two healthy extra As if I make cheesy chips

Ss:  yogurt (one syn each), fruit.  If I have plain chips, I'll have my cheesy As as a snack.

No photos today, I'm afraid but I'll try and remember to photograph today's food.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you will be feeling lots better very soon, Joy. Bean soup is such a useful thing as you can throw pretty much anything in and it always tastes good. Sometimes I make it thicker more like a stew and have it with a baked potato, and other times a bit thinner,just right for crusty bread even though I tend to (reluctantly) deny myself the latter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I scoop out half the 'mushable' stuff and zizz the rest down, then pop it all back and add things like the beans, peas and corn. It's made a lovely, filling, comforting soup, though I say it myself.
      I might add some chicken or turkey to a portion but for now it's boxed up for the freezer.
      xx

      Delete