Tuesday 1 January 2019

Recipe: cajun spiced carrot and parsnip chips (fries)

Really nice, much nicer than I expected so this is what I did.

Ingredients
carrots and parsnips, peeled and cut into 'chip' sized pieces, more or less similer size
spray oil
cajun spice (I use my home made spice mix but a bought mix would be fine)

Method

Turn the oven to 200C

Boil the carrots for about 7 to 8 minutes to give them a head start.  Drain and steam fry them.

Lay a sheet of parchment in a roasting tray and spray it with oil.  Toss on the carrot and parsnip chips and spray them with frylight.  Then sprinkle over some cajun spice - you don't need loads.

Pop the tray in the oven and roast for about twenty minutes, then turn the chips over, re-spray and continue for about another twenty minutes or until done.

They don't go crunchy as potato chips do but they got soft and spicy and truly delicious.  The cajun spice works so well with the natural sweetness of the carrots and parsnips and the roasting blends the flavours together deliciously.


I made loads and there were none left over!

4 comments:

  1. They sound (and look) delicious, Joy. I love roasted roots but find some a bit too sweet for my taste, so I often sprinkle them with a bit of spice to counteract the sweetness a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just my type of thing, delicious.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THey're really nice. I'm making some more tomorrow!
      Happy New Year back to you too. xx

      Delete