Tuesday 1 January 2019

Tuesday, 01-01-19

Good morning.  Well, here we are.  New year, new month, but some things stay the same and my intention to eat frugally and healthily is one of them.

Yesterday, the carrot and parsnip chips were so good, I have posted what I did as a separate entry.  It's hardly a recipe, it's too simple, but worth a mention and it's Slimming World free!

Today's plans:
B:  I had put 'bacon', etc, on my planning sheet but I think I will go with yogurt and fruit instead as I fancy something lighter.
The yogurt is some Mullerlight on YS and the fruit is an apple and an clementine.  Nice and frugal as well as fresh.
SW:  one syn for the yogurt

L:  tomato soup, bread for dunking
Some of the soup I made the other day.  I think I will jazz it up with a splash of milk and a bit of Lea and Perrins and might make croutons with the bread.
SW:  the bread is my healthy extra B and the milk will be a little from my healthy extra A

D:  speedy beef and vegetable stir fry; rice pudding
I don't usually get packs of mixed veg as they tend to be expensive but I think that today I will wander down to Morrisons and get a bag of their chinese stir fry vegetables as you do get a nice selection and I rather fancy some bean sprouts in my stir fry.  It's a simple recipe - strips of beef, stir fry veg, extra mushrooms and a sauce made from soy, ginger and garlic.
I will use some of my syn allowance to make a rice pudding using proper sugar - how decadent is that, eh?  This is the recipe I shall use:  https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1754/a-nice-rice-pudding  and I will make half quantities and save half of that for tomorrow - but if I don't, it's not the end of the world.
Not a frugal dinner today but breakfast and lunch help to balance it a bit.
SW:  25g sugar is 5 syns so one portion will be twoand a half syns, the rice is a free food and the milk will be my healthy extra A.   Even if I scoff the lot, I will be within SW guidelines.
The main course is SW free.

Ss:  raw veg (carrots mostly), milk (healthy extra A) if I have half the rice pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment