Wednesday 2 January 2019

Wednesday, 02-01-19

Good morning.
Yesterday was an utter disaster so I'm drawing a veil over it all and moving on.  It's the only thing to do!  I'm really very cross with myself at the moment and it's not a good place.


Today's plans are:
B:  2 boiled eggs and pitta dippers
Boiled eggs are a favourite and I am so glad that wholemeal pittas are classed as a healthy extra B now
So SW:  one healthy extra B

L:  feta and olive salad
I suddenly fancied the saltiness of feta and have some olives that need using up, plus salad veggies that don't last for ever.  I'm using feta substitute but I've had it before and it's OK
SW:  65g lighter greek style cheese is one healthy extra A and 25g pitted olives is two syns.

D:  steak, roasted sprouts with bacon, cajun carrot and parsnip chips; the other half of the rice pudding
If you've got the oven on, may as well make the most of it.
SW:  the milk in the pudding will be my other healthy extra A and the sugar is two and a half syns

Ss:  fruit and carrot sticks

Hopefully, that is enough to get me back on track and keep me there, fingers very fiurmly crossed. pretty please!
(and please, ignore the whinge at the top - I needed to say it and will now move on)
xx

6 comments:

  1. Ahhhh - don't beat yourself up! I have been over indulging since Christmas as hate waste and refuse to throw away my left over goodies that have been opened. Today my daughter leaves and tomorrow my husband back to work - so that is when I will get back on track with a vengeance. So much easier when I am on my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all gets very tricky at this time of year, doesn't it? I feel a bit happier now having started on the breakfast boiled eggs and thoroughly enjoyed them. I've also has a whinge in the group's Facebook group and been encouraged there too.
      xx

      Delete
  2. We ALL have those days, Joy, and why? Because we are human. We SW members have been through the most difficult time of year but keep reminding yourself how far you have come and adopt the mantra - New Year, new book, new resolve. How wonderful it would be if we can both achieve our target in 2019. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be great and I bet we do! It's really helpful to know that others are on the same journey and face the same difficulties. Here's to us all!

      What I have done is find an old photo, taken just before the gallbladder emergency and enforced low fat diet and I got Beth to take a photo of me on Tuesday in more or less the same pose. Bit of a shock but a nice one and also it clearly shows that, despite what friends say, there still is a way to go. I'm glad I can see that clearly.
      xx

      Delete
  3. One of those days is ok, Joy - it's when it turns into weeks that the problems start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very good point althopugh there have been several in the last few weeks - not weeks' worth though! Ah, well, move on and get back on the road, Joy!
      Thanks, Sooze. xx

      Delete