Thursday 31 January 2019

Thursday, 31-01-19

Good morning!

Yesterday's photo diary:
I forgot breakfast.  I actually forgot to have it until it was so close to lunch time that it wasn't worth having it.



Lunch

















Dinner.   I had the curry with orzo rather than rice, just because I fancied it.







I also had an apple and some yogurt with grapes and blueberries.









Today's plans:
B: egg on 'fried' bread; apple
I fry the bread by spraying with oil and crisping in a pan.  It works fine and is a reasonable substitute for the fat soaked alternative although nothing like the kind fried in bacon fat!
SW:  the bread is my healthy extra B

L:  yogurt, cheese, apple, oranges x 2
My usual weigh day lunch and very nice too.
SW:  the yogurt is one syn and the cheese is one of my As (or maybe more than one)

D:  chicken rogan josh curry with orzo; yogurt
The portion I didn't freeze yesterday but kept for today.  It will be nice.

Ss:  natural yogurt, fruit


I'm having a bit of a think about healthy extra As.  It's all about calcium so, obviously, milk and cheese.  However, yogurt - nice normal natural yogurt doesn't count which, to me, is daft, especially as it's now considered 'free'.
I've looked it up and yogurt is contains calcium too - hardly surprising, as my home made is just milk and some of the previous batch so it has to really.
So I've decided that I will consider yogurt a healthy extra A if I want to and, if I don't, it will be a free food.  So if you see 'milk' anywhere in my plans, it might possibly mean natural yogurt.
In other words, I'm not fretting if I don't manage two official As as long as I am havng some natural yogurt.

Weigh in tonight.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. I love dippy eggs!

    How odd not to class yogurt as a Healthy Extra A. I wonder what their reasoning is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really know; it makes no sense to me but I am being flexible about it. :-)
      xx

      Delete