Friday 15 February 2019

Friday, 15-02-19

Good morning.
Well, I'm very pleased.  Another two pounds off this week.  Very encouraging and motivating.

Starting on Monday (because I'm not at home over the weekend) I'm going to have a Magazine Fortnight.  That is, I will have at least one meal each day that is based on a recipe from a magazine, mostly from the SW magazine, but also adapted (I think the SW term is 'optimised') from recipes found in other magazines such as BBC Good Foord and BBC Esasycook.  I'm a sucker for foody magazines but Delicious and Olive recipes are rather too fancy pants-special ingredients for everyday.  Sadly, Good Food is going the same way which, I guess, is why they also have Easycook.

Why?  Well, just because I fancy the idea, I guess.  It's a good way of widening my repertoire and staying reasonably frugal and SW friendly, the last two of which are priorities for me.

Today's plans:
B:  bacon, egg and tomatoes
Nice and filling - lovely.
SW:  free

L:  smoked salmon dip with home made wrap 'tortilla' chips and carrot batons, fruit
The dip is smoked salmon, cottage cheese, lemon and dill and our group leader, Jennifer, made it for last week's taster evening,  It was so tasty.  The dippers are a wrap, cut into wedges, sprayed with oil and baked until crunchy.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the wrap

D:  salmon, peas and chips, fruit salad
It's a very salmon-y day, isn't it?  However, as I'm not paying for dinner, it won't be terribly costly - for me, anyway.
SW:  a few syns for the light seafood sauce

Ss:  cheese to nibble for one of my healthy extra As and a choccy milky drink for the other.

I won the raffle last night so now have a little collection of fruit and cans - that's nice, isn't it?

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant, Joy, well done...you can't have much left to go. Oh and congrats on winning the raffle too. The magazine week sounds good. Have a nice weekend with your parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I keep my target, I have nine and a half pounds to go and about three before I drop into the 'normal BMI' range. However, I am pretty mnuch decided that I want to dsrop my target by seven pounds. That's still more than I was before I had my children but one must be realistic and I doubt it would be healthy to strive for that weight now.
      No point setting myself up to fail, is there?
      Thanks, Sooze. I'm extremely happy with it all this morning. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Your determination is inspiring. What is it about having children and one's weight never going back to what it was?! Really not fair! But you're right - I would look a bag of bones if I did drop right down - but didn't when I WAS that weight before children. Weird! Have a great w/e.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is weird, really odd. I blame hormones (or lack of certain of them anyway!)
      xx

      Delete
  3. I do admire your daily commitment to blogging, Joy. Well done on another two pounds. You've done brilliantly well. I am aiming for the same on Monday and have a little mantra running through my head "Two pounds on Monday, two pounds on Monday." I have a free weekend so no eating out. That will help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being in total control helps a lot. It is something I do find hard about going up to Mum and Dad's - there's too much temptation there and 'just saying no' is nowhere near as easy as it sounds.
      Have a great weekend and good luck on Monday.
      xx

      Delete