Saturday 23 February 2019

Saturday, 23-02-19

Good morning!
Yesterday's dinner was lovely though I say it myself.  As a last minute thing, I also made Bombay potatoes and I've posted about it separately.  So delicious, all of it.  There was enough left to make complete meal for another time - chicken korma (that's what it as closest to really), chickpea dahl, bombay potato and basmati and wild rice  so that's all in the freezer now.
I wish I'd taken a photo or two but - guests, so no, not polite.

Today's Magazine Recipe Challenge menu.
B:  yogurt and fruit
There were a few specials on fruit so I got some strawberries (not as tasteless as they look), bloueberries and grapes which will go beautifully with a good dollop of my natural yogurt.
SW:  free

L:  cheese and onion toastie, coleslaw, salad
An old favourite, this, and very tasty.
SW:  It will use up all my healthy extras, especially if I go generous with the cheese, and the mayo for the coleslaw will be half a syn.

D:  cajun turkey steaks with pineapple salsa, broccoli
This recipe is in this month's Easycook, p 10.  Turkey steaks are pretty good value and I have some rice left over from yesterday so I will adapt the recipe to work with that.  The pineapple will be some frozen chunks and I might use some green pepper instead of chilli for the salsa - not the same but I have green pepper but no green chilli, only some red ones in the freezer..
SW:  free

Ss:  maybe some carrot batons, Beck's Blue (two syns per bottle)

While trawling around the Internet for some Instant Pot recipes, I found a recipe for egg custard which I am going to try out, using stevia instead of sugar.  It might result in an abomination but I won't knoiw if I don't try.  If it does work, it will use some healthy extra A but I'm not sure how many, not being au fait with American cups off the top of my head.
I'll let you know!

2 comments:

  1. I think a cup is 225mls? And 200g.Looking forward to seeing the recipe - lurve custard tart!

    ReplyDelete