Friday 15 February 2019

Recipe: smoked salmon pate (or dip)

Our group leader, Jennifer, brought this with her to the Free Food February taster evening, complete with recipe.  I am not sure where the original recipe came from but if I find out, I will amend.


I've just made it, ready for lunch, as I like to give these things a chance to 'mature or 'settle' a bit - I reckon the flavour is better.

The amounts are a bit vague.  I added as much cottage cheese as looked right for one and then added the other ingredients to taste.

Ingredients:
fat free plain cottage cheese
smoked salmon (trimmings are fine)
lemon juice (from a bottle, no need for fresh)
dill (I used dried)

I added a few extras, (as I do)
black pepper
a very little salt (be really careful)
a smidgeon of garlic puree

Bung it all into a mini blender or a stick blender beaker.
Zizz until it's the texture you want.  I like it pretty smooth.   Then taste and add as you like.  I added a bit more salmon but the rest was about right for me.

Pour into a ramelin or serving bowl and serve with dippy things.


2 comments:

  1. I make similar using mackerel and it's yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These strong fish make a delicious pate, I think.
      xx

      Delete