Friday 22 February 2019

Friday, 22-02-19

Good morning!

I'm afraid I forgot to take photos!  However, I found a macaroni sloppy Joe photo on Google Images (thank you) that looks very similar to what I made and which worked really well.  I pepped up the defrosted  savoury mince (which turned out to be turket mince) and pepped it up with some cajun spice before topping it with some cooked macaroni with a dairylea cheese sauce and some grated cheddar over the top and baked it.  That was earlier in the day.  After SW group it took four minutes to microwave it to piping hot and it was really delicious!

(not my photo)

At group I'd gained half a pound, darn it!  I'm ashamed to admit I said a very naughty word!   However, my clothes are looser and when I rechecked this morning (as I always do the morning after group), it had gone shooting down, much more than a morning weigh would warrant, so I'm not disheartened in the least.  I know that it was just One Of Those Things and I'm at home this weekend so can really go for it in the coming week.

I've planned all my meals.  It wasn't as easy as usual because next week is busy;  two evenings I am out with precious little time to eat, let alone prepare, but I think I have got round that.

(long ramble alert)
This evening, I have a couple of friends round for an early dinner.  I've decided to go for a very unauthentic curry meal (no gfhee, for a start) as follows.

The main curry is a sort of chicken tikka thingy but using coconut milk rather than tomatoes and with lots of veg - onion, sweet potato, yellow pepper and peas but not mushroom as my guests dislike mushroom.  Oh, and some chicken stock and some lentils that thicken the sauce nicely.
The only ingredient with any syns is the coconut milk which has about thirty syns (I use a coconut powder rather than a can) but it's made loads.  I always make curries the day before as I reckon second day curry is much nicer.  I've already syphoned off one portion for the freezer and, looking at what is left for the meal, there will be more to freeze, I am certain.  So it should be around five or six syns per portion.

I have a can of chickpea dhal, which is not only tasty, it is also SW free.  Cheers!

Then I shall make a bowl of basmati rice (free) and have sides of mini pittas, mango chutney and natural yogurt.  I have to check the chutney syns but then I really don't have to have any!

So I reckon it will be pretty SW friendly.  The only thing is that they are bringing lemon drizzle cake for afters and yes, I will have a little slice of it and thoroughly enjoy it but I still reckon I won't really have overdone it!

I'm really pleased that the only things I need to go out and buy are mango chutney (my current jar is nearly empty) and something to drink (probably apple juice or something like that).


So, after that long ramble, today's plans are . . .
B: yogurt and fruit
I'm really into yogurt for breakfast right now so they are a bit monotonous to read about.  I'm sure that will change at some point soon!
SW:  free

L:  just a mixed leaf salad and fruit because of dinner
I can't have nothing really so I've planned something really light.
SW: free as I use a fat free dressing

D:  curry, as above
Given that it's a 'company meal', I'm quite pleased with how frugal it is.  OK, the chicken costs, but the rest is all reasonable stuff and the dhal was a freebie in the raffle I won a couple of weeks ago.
SW:  The mini pittas are a healthy extra B and I estimate the curry will be five or six syns.  I have no idea of the lemon drizzle cake!  I shall stick with water to drink.

Ss:  none!

As you can see, I am off the Magazine Menu challenge today but it will be back tomorrow.  The healthy extras have also taken a battering but not to worry, one day won't hurt!


4 comments:

  1. Morning Joy. Sorry about the half pound, but it's only a tiny blip after all. The curry meal for tonight sounds delicious, hope you and your guests enjoy the evening, as well as the food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. I honestly am not upset by it. If group had been today I'd have shows a little loss - just bad timing really!
      I'm looking forward to this evening and I'm sure we'll have a good time. You have a good time too!
      xx

      Delete
  2. 8oz sounds so much less than half a pound, in my opinion! A set of underwear could weigh more than that - (depending on size, obviously!). So well done - the gain is insignificant. Love the way you're so upbeat and positive, no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very inspiring! Do you track your our exercise level too?

    ReplyDelete