Monday 11 February 2019

Monday, 11-02-19

Good morning.
No photo diary this weekend - I have had a guest staying over the weekend and it just seems a tad bad mannered really to whip out the camera when everything is on the table.

Today's SW-friendly plans:
B:  Fruit and yogurt
I'm enjoying these lighter breakfasts although I can feel an overnight oats session creeping up behind me.  Both are great value, especially as the yogurt is home made.
SW:  free

L:  corned beef salad wrap, maybe coleslaw too
Corned beef isn't cheap but I shall use just half the can and it is the 'lean' variety so works with SW.
SW:  one syn for the corned beef and one for the mayo if I have coleslaw plus one healthy extra B for the wrap

D:  syn free mushroom risotto with a side salad; Mullerlight
Vegetarian meals are often great value and this is no exception.  It uses what I have in so works really well for me.  I do love risotto but don't have it all that often.  The recipe makes enough for two portions so I will eat one and freeze one for another time.  The mushrooms were from Aldi so not outrageously expensive for chestnut mushrooms which I prefer to the ordinary ones as they are morer 'solid' and flavoursome.  I've made risotto in the past with dried and soaked mushrooms and that was delicious but I don't have any in the cupboard right now.
SW:  one syn for the Mullerlight and I might use one of my healthy extra As and sprinkle some grated cheese into the risotto

Ss:  milk (for the rest of my healthy extra A), fruit

4 comments:

  1. All today's food sounds lovely, Joy. I always buy chestnut mushrooms too....not just for the taste, but they seem to last a bit longer too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's a good point - they do. I guess that is because they are firmer.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks - it really has been. I hope yours has been good too.
      xx

      Delete